Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

2.5" for an exhaust setup??!

Old 02-02-2005, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkrev...if your going turbo..then you're right, stay with your short ram..as far as times are concerned, why don't you get yourself a Gtech and time your car before you put a mod in and time it agani after so you can see your progress and have hard facts..smile.gif
Old 02-02-2005, 11:35 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sharkrev...if your going turbo..then you're right, stay with your short ram..as far as times are concerned, why don't you get yourself a Gtech and time your car before you put a mod in and time it agani after so you can see your progress and have hard facts..smile.gif</div>

that´s a gooooooddd idea.!...... my friends has the Gtech.... i am gonna tell him about this... and I will show the progress till now...........

and after the turbo, it has to be a great gain, !!........
thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:44 AM

when it comes to exhaust the bigger the better to a point. increasing the exhaust diamiter increases flow capabilities and makes the engine breathe better. how ever on na engines this can cause a loss in back presure and will cause a drop in performance.

for a lightly moded na setup 2.25 is good enough

heavily moded na setup or a light fi setup 2.5 is good

full out turbo setups running moderate to high boost require atleast a 3 inch exhaust. the better the flow the better the turbo will perform and lessens the chances to have it surge and flutter.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sharkev)</div><div class='quotemain'>that´s a gooooooddd idea.!...... my friends has the Gtech.... i am gonna tell him about this... and I will show the progress till now...........

and after the turbo, it has to be a great gain, !!........
thanks!</div>

the Gtech helped me out alot...comes in handy..beats guessing
Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SlipStream)</div><div class='quotemain'>when it comes to exhaust the bigger the better to a point. increasing the exhaust diamiter increases flow capabilities and makes the engine breathe better. how ever on na engines this can cause a loss in back presure and will cause a drop in performance.

for a lightly moded na setup 2.25 is good enough

heavily moded na setup or a light fi setup 2.5 is good

full out turbo setups running moderate to high boost require atleast a 3 inch exhaust. the better the flow the better the turbo will perform and lessens the chances to have it surge and flutter.</div>

that loss in back pressure is what i meant... but hopefully i´m going turbo soon.... it not gonna be high psi but i guess that 2.5 exhaust is enough....

however, i feel my car a little better than before...maybe is good to my car...

thanks for your comment..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark)</div><div class='quotemain'>the Gtech helped me out alot...comes in handy..beats guessing</div>

How much hps make your car in the Gtech??..... how much gains are you notice with your mods??.....

what is the best mod you saw in the GTech???