Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

1st Gen Tib projectors...

Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 98 Hyundai Accent X3
Default 1st Gen Tib projectors...

Hey !!

Does anyone know where I can find info on the 1st Gen Tib projector headlights? I have a 98 Accent and originally thought of doing a headlight swap. Then thought more on the retrofit. Then someone over at crookedh.com mentioned I should look into the 1st Gen Tib lights.
I guess the 1st Gen and the X3 Accent headlights are very similar. So I was going to lookin to all possibilities.

Thanks !

I have no problems with fabbing either way. I'm just looking for the best way to achieve the look I want for my ride.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You definitely have your work cut out for you. I would go to a junk yard and see if you can find a 1st gen thats totaled from behind, so you can get the headlights. Otherwise, you'll most likely be paying quite a bit to buy brand new assemblies. I'm not sure how the electrical components will work with an Accents electrical system, especially since the Tib used different bulbs and wattages than an Accent. But it should just be some simple wiring, or even just get an HID kit for high and low beams, and you'll be all set. The hardest part obviously would retro-fitting the lights to fit the front of an Accent. They're alot longer than an Accents, so it's going to take alot of metal and fiberglass fabrication.

Accent:

Tib:
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2003 elantra, Soon to be beta swapped 01 lc hatch

His accent doesn't have head lights like that. Actually I think the accent you posted is from the UK or Australia? It's def not a USDM x3 for sure.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

that's a canadian x3. from quebec. that's my guess based on the text on the truck next to it. I think he wanted to retrofit the inside of the lights which will probably be a lot easier.