Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

1.8 Cam Part Number Question

Old 07-02-2009, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I need the part number that is on the actual 1.8 cam. Not the Hyundai part number but the number on the sprocket that I believe starts with the letter A. Or is there an actual way to tell the difference. I've search the forum but could not find anything.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 PM

I dont think theres and actual way to tell....

However I did notice that the first two numbers on the cam sprocket will tell you the year that the car was that it was in...
Old 07-03-2009, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You must not search well, there are 3 or 4 thorough threads on this.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I've searched and all I can find is multiple 1.8 DIY installs/Troubleshooting, And 1.8 vs ECU. But there is nothing on what I am asking I'm not looking for the Hyundai part number, I know it has a different. The only thing i can see on this cam is that it has the letters IS and on the actual sprocket a numbed that starts with AO but that number does not match any part number. If you were to put both cams side to side could you tell the difference. The reason why I ask this is because. I had the cam swapped a long time ago by a mechanic, while doing my timing belt service, (yeah at the time I was young and did not have the mechanical know how,tools,confidence that I have now). The thing is, I took mechanic a new water pump and seal, To have it replace at the same time. He forget to do the water pump and did not use the new seal. So now I have doubts that he actually swapped the cam. I do have the cam he gave me back I just do not know how to tell weather it is a 1.8 or 2.0 cam. And to be honest this was so long ago, 8 years. That as far as performance wise I cant recall what it felt before and after. So you guys can make fun of me all you want, But I just want to make sure.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:13 PM

^^^ Look at the first 2 numbers on the sprocket and it will give you and idea! If not post a pic of the sprocket.