Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

02 Sensor Position

Old 12-03-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Knowing the WHOLE story helps us all.

o2 bungs cost about 20 bucks to get welded in, go to a local shop (taxi, bus, have a friend take you, ect) with the parts and tell them what you need and where.

Also, an amazing idea, but you could call ahead of time and find the, wait a second here, CHEAPEST place to get it done.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:30 PM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

^^^ What did i do to piss you off? The point of my post was to find out why an o2 sensor had to go after the cat. thats all i wanted to know.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ Dec 3 2006, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>02 sensor goes behind the cat so the ecu reads the condition of it.</div>

Tanc has answered your question.

Tidbit:

All the RD's here in Australia have only one O2 sensor thats before the Cat. Must be something to do with your emission laws.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:15 PM

^^

tanc didnt really answer my question...you did though by saying it was for emissions. thankyou

thats cool that you guys only need 1 o2 sensor though.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

You make NO sence.

The reason behind the 2nd 02 sensor is so it reads the efficiency of your cat. That's it.

How are you going to tell if your polluting the atmosphere if you don't know the condition of your cat?

If you don't have a 2nd sensor, like in Australia, you can still get emmissions done but you yourself won't have an idea that you have a emissions problem unless they tell you.

So, say you have no 2nd sensor, and your e-test hasn't expired yet. If your cat is toast and pollutes the air, you wouldn't know until you go for your emissions. Meaning, you'd be polluting the atmosphere. We have enough pollution as there is.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shimanomtber87 @ Dec 3 2006, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^^ What did i do to piss you off? The point of my post was to find out why an o2 sensor had to go after the cat. thats all i wanted to know.</div>

You think I'm pissed off?

Far from it.

You asked a question, it was answered, but it lead to other questions.

Knowing the whole story, like your turbo system going in and such, would have helped us understand why you were asking, and therefore put out better information or better hazing.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ Dec 3 2006, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You make NO sence.

The reason behind the 2nd 02 sensor is so it reads the efficiency of your cat. That's it.

How are you going to tell if your polluting the atmosphere if you don't know the condition of your cat?
If you don't have a 2nd sensor, like in Australia, you can still get emmissions done but you yourself won't have an idea that you have a emissions problem unless they tell you.
So, say you have no 2nd sensor, and your e-test hasn't expired yet. If your cat is toast and pollutes the air, you wouldn't know until you go for your emissions. Meaning, you'd be polluting the atmosphere. We have enough pollution as there is.</div>

Alrite well i think i made good sence, but each to his own. I must not have understood exactly what was being said. But anyway thankyou for clearing it up now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Dec 3 2006, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You think I'm pissed off?

Far from it.

You asked a question, it was answered, but it lead to other questions.

Knowing the whole story, like your turbo system going in and such, would have helped us understand why you were asking, and therefore put out better information or better hazing.</div>

That is why i hate reading typed text...i can never tell if what is being said is intended to be "angry, sarcastic, etc." Anyway, good to hear that you aren't mad.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

smile.gif

It's all good. Put a 2nd 02 sensor and call it a day. hail.gif
Old 12-03-2006, 09:58 PM

^^^ And i shall