Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

00 Tib Problem Acceleration Problem

Old 02-23-2006, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tib

02.gif i have had an acceleration problem. when i give it gas it like boggs out. it does this in 1st and second, sometimes third. but when u are jus driving u can feel it sputter like it rides fine then it goes back, then it sputters. and the exhaust gets deeper when it boggs out! please help it is killing me! i read some others and i thought it could be the TPS i have the daesung version what do u think? 02.gif
Old 02-23-2006, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Do you have a cel?? When my tps was bad my idle would jump a lot and not be steady. It might be your tps but I think you might be having another problem.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:15 PM

^^^
Yeah i do have 1... and mine is not steady at idle it goes up and down!

Mode edit: quote removed
Old 02-23-2006, 01:26 PM

Its probably your tps then because mine did the same thing. Did your cel flash at all when it was bogging like that? If theres an autozone near you, you should get the cel checked; itll tell you whats exactly wrong.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:46 PM

Before you go trying all this TPS...Try your plugs and wires first...Mine did EXACTLY what your talking about and I changed my plugs and wires and it was fine. Like when you accelerate immediatly after shifting doess it kind of bog down and sputter....If so that is your spark dying a relighting so your BARLY burning any fuel so that is were you get the sputter from. I think this is your problem. And the reason I dont think its your position sensor...is because of the job it performs. If the sensor was off you would either A. have to give more gas when you accelerate or B. Give less gas when you accel. Becuase if your sensor was off it would be saying that you are giving more or less gas then you really are...and if you drive an auto. it pretty much fixes this problem by its self via tourqe converter, but if you drive a 5-speed you would jus tthink that your giving it to much gas or not enough gas and would generally fix it...Generally that is what happens with a TPS now if it goes out thats a diff story. Just my oppinion. Good luck either way.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:08 PM

^^^
mine is a 5-speed and i did try and change the plugs but not the wires and it worked for a little while but it went back to doing the same thing all over again... but i might try that then... i was also thinkin coil pack i have a little whit mark on the coilpack like its burnt... but im not sure thanks for the advice!!! still need help...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwiftTiburon @ Feb 23 2006, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Its probably your tps then because mine did the same thing. Did your cel flash at all when it was bogging like that? If theres an autozone near you, you should get the cel checked; itll tell you whats exactly wrong.</div>
do u kno if our TPS was the one that was recalled??

Mod edit: quote removed
Old 02-23-2006, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

does it happened only on empty tank or on full tank too?

PS. please do not quote the post right above yours, we all know who. are you addressing your answere wink1.gif Use ADD REPLY button at the bottom of the page.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:19 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

The Dae Sung TPS is the one which was a problem. The Kefico was the replacement.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:26 PM

it happens all the time full or empty....

so if i take it to the dealer then they have to replace my old one then right??
Old 02-23-2006, 02:41 PM

I think one of the easiest solutions is to check the cel..itll tell you whats wrong so you dont have to play the guessing game.