External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Rd2 Eyelids

Old 03-15-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

its kinda cool, but the fitment kinda sucks. look at ur corners.
you're planning on making some finishing touches?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned

QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ Mar 15 2007, 09:59 PM)
Lol, socks, the "weird out of place headlights" were done on purpose. Reread the first post. He likes it that way. I thought the samething you did though.

oops lol.. meant out of place fog lights....

the eyelids should be flush.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:16 PM

Yhea ill admit, it does need some work. It was my first time usin it and i wanted to test it on my stock bumper before i got my kit. Yhea my fitment isnt that great cuz people like to drive around without insurance and likes to hit me ugh but yhea itll be all nice and cleaned up after i get my kit. ill post some pics of them after i get them.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Well, I definately aplaud you for trying something new and different.

I think with refinement and some work, it will come out looking killer.

Maybe if you didn't put such a straight line to the stop? Curved it just a little?

The fog lights are kinda weird, and so is the 3 tone paint.. but to each his own. You should get a little hobby air brush kit and try making those grey spots with an airbush tool and fade it out on the ends instead of having a hard line like you have now. Might turn out ok. The bottom grey is ok, I think it's what you did around the fog lights and the emblem area that makes it seem weird.

If your going to remove the emblem, take out that spot that has the emblem holder complete and make it a nice straight line across. Will probably come off looking better.

Keep at it, I'm sure you'll come out with something all of us will end up gawking at. smile.gif
Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ ^ I agree with George ^ ^
on almost everything he said

I like the front grill... but paint the emblem black as well.
I Don't like the 3-tone paint, keep it 2 tone, and one color on the bottom
REMOVE the hood pins since it's a factory hood and fill in the holes
REMOVE decal on the sunroof
REMOVE AEM decal
REPLACE foglights and get something that fits better and not so oversized
REPLACE 18" wheels with 17" maximum

What wing do you have?
Is that a freakin' computer monitor in your passenger seat? Why? What happens when the airbags deploy?

the eyelids aren't BAD but not my thing.

For everyone who is complaining about "if you hit something, the bondo will break!"... that's crap. Yeah, it'll break, but he's going to have a lot more problems if he hits something than losing his eyelids. slap.gif

if he hits something or gets into a fender bender, the bumper will crack and break, and possibly be beyond repair. If it is fixable, it wouldn't be that much more work to fix the headlights.

Also, I hope you have a good door popper, since you've shaved your handles. I would look into having a manual popper hidden somewhere in case your batteries die in the remote or it stops working/transmitting

Your car is too busy overall. Remove the decals, keep the paint scheme simple and limited to 2 colors, and go for a more simple look. How old are you?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i like the look, but not so sure about how it affects the functionality of our already shitty headlights.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I've been worrying about the functionality as well. shrug.gif but why do you say, "already shitty headlights?" Did he paint those, too? Our projector headlights are pretty nice
Old 03-16-2007, 11:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i like the lids but like its been said before, kill that paint scheme, stop the sticker business, keep doing work like this because sooner or later your going to get better at it.

try redoing them in FG if yours break but other then that i can agree with spiffy and magik on this one 100%
Old 03-16-2007, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i think it's different and it works. i like the spoiler but ditch those 18' rims. other than that, it's quite the sight for my eyes. i'd say clean her up on the outside with a nice carbon fiber hood.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:47 AM

Yhea trust me guys, i do have alot of work i gotta do and after i get my widebody put on and get my new CF hood and paint job, its gonna look like a whole new entire car. All cleaned up and shaved and molded, no graphics no three tone paint, all nice and smooth. but as far as the 18's go, im actaully gettin bigger ones put on with the wide body. No for the ? about the monitor, its actually a 16" T.V. and there isnt an air bag there, its all molded together. As far as the shaved handles, ive already got my backup cable put in. That was the first thing i did. Now the eye lids didnt mess up any of the functionality of the head lights cuz when i went to mark how far down i wanted it, i had my car in the garage and turned on the headlights to make sure i wasnt gonna go down past the projector lense line so its all good on that. And to tell u the truth, ever since i removed the outside cover lense, i actually have better visibility and more of an HID effect now then when i had the lenses on.