Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.
View Poll Results: Is your tib an automatic or manual transmission?
Automatic
30.12%
Manual
69.88%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Is Your Tib An Automatic Or Manual Transmission?

Old 04-29-2005, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You "couldn't find" a manual transmission Tib? No offense, but I wouldn't have bought it. I don't care how nice a Tib it is, an Automatic, is still an Autotragic.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:27 AM

^^Well, when gas is $2.35 a gallon and you're driving a car that gets 17 mpg and you drive over 70 miles a day...see how picky you are about a transmission...
Old 04-29-2005, 08:59 PM

I chcekd last week, i get 18mpg lol. I push the tib hard though. its suposed to be like 23 at least i think.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^^Well, when gas is $2.35 a gallon and you're driving a car that gets 17 mpg and you drive over 70 miles a day...see how picky you are about a transmission...
i drive 90 miles a day so i'm still doing it. i'm not complaining? i pay maybe $2 more on a tank than i would with stick shift.

people having complexities thinking Automatics are slow, then try filling up a Cobra Mustang tank. besides, anything we do to our cars to make them faster will comsume more fuel. so if i see any complaints on a HOOK-UP site about this 23MPG bull, that number is STOCK, government standard. what if you have modifications? eh? period. so i guess if you want to save some more on gas, hooking tiburons up won't do you any better.

automatics aren't that far off from manuals. i drove my dad's non-loaded stick shift elantra to florida like a zillion times from maryland in one day (1200mi). filled up the tank four times total with the same exact amount of gas left over. it's never different. the difference is like 1mpg.

again, commuting every day to work, a 15 minute drive turned 3 hours in the worst D.C. traffic and you will have to see your doctor about arthritis in your knees and wrists. goddamn guys, what don't you get here. i don't think you know what it's like to experience this EVERY damn day.

umm... i'd rather have an Automatic tiburon that has NEVER given my the slightest problem ever especially in this sh*thole states back yard, than a stick shift tiburon i'd want to sell because of problems.

for $3,000, i couldn't turn it down. raise your hand if you bought your car in IMMACULATE condition for $3,000 tongue.gif
Old 04-30-2005, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ How many times do we have to tell you that mild bolt-ons (Intake, exhaust, pulleys, etc.) don't effect gas mileage at all, and in some cases, improve it?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

QUOTE (hamhead @ Apr 30 2005, 07:30 PM)
^^ How many times do we have to tell you that mild bolt-ons (Intake, exhaust, pulleys, etc.) don't effect gas mileage at all, and in some cases, improve it?

thank you hamhead. how many times do i have to specify that those same exact mild bolt ons will have the same exact effects with any kind of transmission???

LOL... no Automatics are backing me up... i'm screwed.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've got a manual, but I will agree with you on certain aspects. With me at least, I get better gas mileage with an automatic, for a few reasons.

- Longer gearing... means less RPMs at most speeds than manuals
- And my laziness... If I'm going 30mph in my Tib, I'm going to leave it in 3rd simply because I'm lazy. An Automatic (assuming similar gearing) would have downshifted in that situation... helping gas. Also, people have a tendency to "wind" out the gears in a manual... shifting too late for the amount of throttle they give it.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:36 AM

Doesn't matter how you look at it, what the difference in gas mileage is, or what mods you make to your auto, put a stock manual Tib next to a stock automatic Tib, or an equally modified manual Tib next to an equally modified automatic Tib, and watch what happens. I've seen it. 1 second better at the track almost guaranteed.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:08 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Apr 29 2005, 04:32 PM)
doode what's gotten into you MK3??? i'm sure we'd all love to drive stick but unfortunately America is not Europe. and unfortunately not everyone lives in open roads here. at least we admit we want stick, but damn dood.
you're saying we'd like to drive faster cars like Civic SI instead of automatics? you know, you make me want to sell every aftermarket part i have because i wouldn't really care how fast the car is. SI's are stupid. that's not even fast. our cars aren't FAST. fast is V8 or Lotus, or Viper, BMW or something. I think you need to go to a Porsche dealership and test drive one of those monsters before you say we'd like to drive Hondas than Tiburons. Have you ever raced a BMW M5??? Or an S2000? Then just felt shameful for even trying? Good. Point made.

Um...all I was saying, I would rather have anything else 5spd than an auto anything..... Dont need to get all mad about it..shit.

Yes, I have raced an S2K, I lost too. I lost to my friends prelude by more than the s2k beat me. Felt shamfull? No. Point not taken.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:28 AM

I have an Auto. The reason I drive auto is because I have never driven anything else.
I was taught with auto, and never knew anyone who drove manual.

There is a bit of traffic where I live at times, and those are the times I am happy I have AUTO.
I still love the Tiburon, EVEN if it is an AUTO.

My next car will be STANDARD