Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.
View Poll Results: Is your tib an automatic or manual transmission?
Automatic
30.12%
Manual
69.88%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Is Your Tib An Automatic Or Manual Transmission?

Old 04-28-2005, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather drive this with an auto than any civic...I would rather own a moped than a civic....so to each his own I guess...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

ok, lol...um, whats with that pic?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:50 PM

Found it in the Ugliest Tibs thread hahaha
Old 04-28-2005, 10:59 PM

So you would rather have that tib, than somthing faster like an SI?

wow
Old 04-28-2005, 11:03 PM

I refuse to ride in a civic...I have never, and will never be in that me2 car...I've turned down rides from friends that have civics...
Old 04-29-2005, 03:27 AM

Manual all the way, baby! But this is normal for I live in Europe and even threre are some auto Tibs here, their re-sale value is low due to higher fuel consumption and less performance.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

-sniff, sniff- I have an automatic. I couldn't find a manual car at the time when I got the car and I had no time to be picky so I got stuck with it. The only advantage? not having to shift all the time in traffic. Other then that I always have the urge to shift manually..I so need to do a tranny swap.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:49 AM

manual all the way. whouldnt have it anyother way. laugh.gif
Old 04-29-2005, 08:53 AM

I have an auto...and I'm not a ricer. It was the only tib at the dealership and I couldn't wait for a car. Plus it was my daily driver for a few years and traffic in the DC metro area is horrendous. I would've pulled all my hair out if I had a stick and had to drive in all the traffic that I do. However, now that I have another car which is my daily driver and the tib is getting the body work done soon, I'm going to look into a manual swap. But I don't know if the price is worth it or not. Have to shop around....that and I don't want to void my 100K warranty. lol
Old 04-29-2005, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Thats when you be patient and wait...ide rather have friends drive me around for 2 months until I found a 5spd than buy an auto and kick myself in the ass the rest of the time i had it.

umm patient and wait? yeh, not when you find a 5 year old MAAXED loaded tiburon in immaculate condition. if i got a stick who knows the car could have had many problems with it by now. but thanks to that purchase my car runs like new.

doode what's gotten into you MK3??? i'm sure we'd all love to drive stick but unfortunately America is not Europe. and unfortunately not everyone lives in open roads here. at least we admit we want stick, but damn dood.
you're saying we'd like to drive faster cars like Civic SI instead of automatics? you know, you make me want to sell every aftermarket part i have because i wouldn't really care how fast the car is. SI's are stupid. that's not even fast. our cars aren't FAST. fast is V8 or Lotus, or Viper, BMW or something. I think you need to go to a Porsche dealership and test drive one of those monsters before you say we'd like to drive Hondas than Tiburons. Have you ever raced a BMW M5??? Or an S2000? Then just felt shameful for even trying? Good. Point made.

There's really no difference in Auto Vs. Stick except when you want to pass somebody at high rpm's Auto is slower because the computer is timed to switch gears. the process may be different but WHO CARES tiburons are tiburons. I solely admit they are not fast cars. SI's are not fast cars. Celicas are not fast cars. Nissan Z, Evolution 8, STi, BMW, Mercades, even a god forsaken TSX are fast cars. Jeez...

Plus it was my daily driver for a few years and traffic in the DC metro area is horrendous. I would've pulled all my hair out if I had a stick and had to drive in all the traffic that I do.

Same here. D.C. area. Nations capital. Not as bas as New York but it's getting there. SOME people just do not understand what it's like to be out here with thousands of cars EVERYDAY. They just assume it's bad because they don't have to deal with it EVERYDAY and they think they'd have stick sift no matter what. Yeh, try commuting to work at 8 in the morning in the middle of Washington D.C. ONE day and you will actually respect Automatics a little more.