Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

wooo *does happy dance*

Old 07-06-2002 | 07:04 AM

Default wooo *does happy dance*

I finally have the money for the engine swap i am going to do to my 95 Elantra, problem is... I can't find anyone who wants to mess around with BOTH the engine and the tranny.... so if any of you guys know of anyone who you think is willing to take on this exiting project.. let me know. im looking for something around the New England area, I'll go as far as New York and New Jersey, but thats about it =/. thanks for your help!
Old 07-06-2002 | 07:13 AM

what engine are you swapping with???
<marquee>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$</marquee>
and how much???
Old 07-06-2002 | 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

With a 95 elantra (mitsu motor) the 4G63 turbo swap is an option (hint, hint).

You can try to contact Chris H. He lives in the South Jersey area and might know of some performance shops that might be willing to tackle your project.
Old 07-07-2002 | 03:56 AM

Shwa:
what engine are you swapping with???
<marquee>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$</marquee>
and how much???
95 elantra would already be running a eclipse motor, I think 96 and down hyundai used eclipse motors or some other form of mitsu motor.

So for him to swap out the 4G63 to the 4G63T it woudl a piece of cake.
Old 07-07-2002 | 10:06 AM

eh yeah, its a 4g63t. sorry for not clarifying lol, but well i talked to this guy about a week or two ago, and he said hed do the engine swap... but he doesnt want to do the tranny *in japanse accent* *Oh eclipse is hydraulic, think thats easy? Naw, that too hard. I do engine, get it running and all, but you go somewhere else for tranny* He would also charge me 600 bucks for the swap. To this day I cannot find anyone who would do both. I heard of this guy that loves doing that sort of stuff, but thanks to my luck... he doesnt touch mitsu engines. bah!! and, who is this chris you mentioned? whats his forum screen name? id like to pm him sometime.
Old 07-07-2002 | 11:19 AM

I know of no one in NJ with the mechanical or engineering abilities to do something like this.