Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Woo Cares...

Old 06-15-2002 | 03:30 AM

Really what is a Twin Turbo ZET. I hope it's not one of those air swirling things.
Old 06-15-2002 | 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

DESIGN:
Really what is a Twin Turbo ZET. I hope it's not one of those air swirling things.
An electric "supercharger". Basically two PC cooling fans wired up to an electrical source. Their performance claims are rather inflated, and for the $$$, you'd be better off with a CAI that is heat wraped or ceramic coated.

Have your TB and IM sent off to Onpol to see if they can be Bored out. From what I've seen of the Lanos motor, you should be able to gain at least 5mm. Having Onpol's machine shop friend polish the last 4"-6" of the intake runners and gasket matching the IM also would help.

Having the IM polished internally by Extrude Hone is also an idea, but with the 'D-tek' intake manifold with the internal flapper, I'm not sure if that is possible. For those that don't know, the Lanos intake manifold has an interal flapper that is controled via a vacuum line. At low RPM, the air is forced around the outside of the IM in a spiral pattern, lengthing the intake runners. At high RPM, the flapper valve opens, allowing air through the bottom of the IM Plenum, shortening the Intake runner length and boosting high RPM performance. I'd love to dyno a Daewoo with the flapper in "normal" mode, then also do one with the flapper wired in "low" rpm mode, and one with the flapper in "high" RPM mode, just to see the performance gains/losses vs the system functioning normally.

You could also send the head out to be ported and polished, and a 3 angle valve seat done. Also, have the combustion chambers reworked (if necessary).

There are also a host of other mods, most fairly expensive. (above $500). Let me know if you really want to hear them.

question:
What is a "Powerband modification"?
Old 06-15-2002 | 04:54 AM

Yea sure, let me hear them random, feed me the knowledge wink

As far as the power band mod, its at Project A-Spec ,Amazing low end torque
Old 06-15-2002 | 04:56 AM

JAWS 021:
what size is your piping?

Well you already did half the exhaust,... do the other

Get a flexpipe from summitracing.com
Get a highflow CARSOUND cat
And match the piping you have (2.5 or 2.25)
2.25 mandrel bent, I ordered the flex pipe and a Bosal catback with Bosal 4-1 Header, the only thing im shopping around for is a muffler, any suggestions?
Old 06-15-2002 | 07:58 AM

Hey Bringrice, where did you get the Bosal exhaust? I just bought the HVE one yesterday from SR but i've never seen a Bosal one. And do you just want performance mods or do want to improve the looks as well? If you want to improve the exterior then I would definitely go with the Silins bodykit from SR and some nice wheels. I have the Silins bodykit so you can look under my sig link and see it if you are interested(it's under "Ultimate Lanos"). Also, if you should get some springs and shocks if you do upgrade the wheels.
Old 06-15-2002 | 10:18 AM

I totally know what I want to do as far as Cosmetic modifications, probably by the exact kit, only with the bigger wing and drop the Newstyle Heat Front on it, I just want to know what else can I do for performance other than what I mentioned...

I got the Bosal pieces from a friend
Old 06-15-2002 | 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

In regards to that power band mod. I would NOT reccomend it untill you have dyno'd the car to see the advantages/disadvantages.

Functioning normally, the D-Tek system should give you the best of both worlds. Good fuel economy when cruising around town, and when floored, that flapper opens automatically, allowing the quick accelration you want.

When forced closed, you should loose some high end HP. When forced open, you should loose some low end torque.

A dyno should really be done to determine the best setting for that flapper. (open, closed or allowing it to open/close at will.)
Old 06-16-2002 | 04:09 AM

Random:
In regards to that power band mod. I would NOT reccomend it untill you have dyno'd the car to see the advantages/disadvantages.

Functioning normally, the D-Tek system should give you the best of both worlds. Good fuel economy when cruising around town, and when floored, that flapper opens automatically, allowing the quick accelration you want.

When forced closed, you should loose some high end HP. When forced open, you should loose some low end torque.

A dyno should really be done to determine the best setting for that flapper. (open, closed or allowing it to open/close at will.)
Lanos are under E-Tek, Nubira and Leganza have D-Tek
Old 06-16-2002 | 10:41 AM

blinkme323:
Hey Bringrice, where did you get the Bosal exhaust? I just bought the HVE one yesterday from SR but i've never seen a Bosal one. And do you just want performance mods or do want to improve the looks as well? If you want to improve the exterior then I would definitely go with the Silins bodykit from SR and some nice wheels. I have the Silins bodykit so you can look under my sig link and see it if you are interested(it's under "Ultimate Lanos"). Also, if you should get some springs and shocks if you do upgrade the wheels.
Where did you get your Silins kit from? It looks nice
Old 06-17-2002 | 04:10 AM

Thanks, I imported it directly from Silins in Australia about a year ago. I think I was the first in the US to have one on a Daewoo. I just got some springs, shocks, and the HVE exhaust for my car, when I put them on i'll send you some pics. Keep up the good work! -Blinkme323-