Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Will this hurt my engine?

Old 03-14-2003, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this hurt my engine?

I put my header in today and after following a DIY i found on HP (turned out to be a crappy DIY) i couldnt get my passenger side radiator fan back in, so i left it out. Will this hurt anything? What is the chance of my engine overheating now?

Also.. i didnt put my second O2 sensor in and i didnt get a CEL... will that hurt anything?

Thanks..

Peace
Old 03-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Yes, you want to have the second o2 sensor installed. It will throw a CEL eventually. Take it to an exhaust shop and have them put an o2 sensor bung in the exhaust after the cat, and extend the second o2 sensor wires to that location.

Yes, you want to have the passenger side fan installed. The passenger side fan kicks on any time the AC is turned on. So you're okay for a bit, but you'll need it for summer.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:15 PM

damn Dweet to hell on HP.. his DIY sux *** .. didnt tell you when to put the fan back in or half the crap u need to know in order to install the header... post whores should be banned, or at least their DIY deleted. =P

But thanks Random.. i threw the CEL already when i took it out for another drive, and i will have the exhaust shop do the bung when i get my cat back made. As for the fan, im either gonna have to take the dang header back off ( PITA!!!) or try and take off the other fan and move it so i can slide the passenger side fan in... any other suggestions??

Thanks man
Old 03-14-2003, 02:07 PM

hee hee ya'll said bung

If you don't put in the radiator fan it'll burn your fingers off. Just kidding man, Tony will show you the way.