Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What's the performance difference between Injen and SR's CAI's?

Old 07-07-2002 | 10:54 AM

Default What's the performance difference between Injen and SR's CAI's?

So which CAI is gonna be more worth it guys?
Injen or the SR's. I'd like to stick with SR products, but I really want to get an Intake sometime soon. For SR 2 more weeks, c mon I can do it! smile.gif

Also, what kind of Performance are we getting from each one.
Old 07-07-2002 | 11:04 AM

I heard that Injen intake is very good, albeit it's little bit expensive.

I think SR CAI will be one of the best since they tested this product with our cars countless times. I would wait 2 more weeks, save around $150, and get SR CAI.
Old 07-07-2002 | 01:22 PM

Someone is going to have to get both and dyno them both to see what the comparision would be, I my self will have an AOS when it gets here rolleyes.gif
Old 07-08-2002 | 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Well, the SR CAI is not out yet, so right now, Injen has the performance advantage!

Serioulsy, the Injen design puts the air filter in the engine compartment, were it sucks in hot air. The SR CAI puts the filter into the fenderwell, where it can get cold air.

You decide which will perform better. Untill we strap them all to a dyno, on the same day, on the same car, we will never know.
Old 07-08-2002 | 11:28 AM

Random:
You decide which will perform better. Untill we strap them all to a dyno, on the same day, on the same car, we will never know.
Quick question. In this post here you speak of a dyno shootout. It's dated April 1 of 2002, a little over three months ago. When exactly will this be done with all the Intakes? I realize not all the intakes are out, but if you have a prototype of SR's intake you could do a shootout of what you already have. Not trying to give you a hard time and I know you're busy as it is, but maybe the shootout should be handled soon to end these threads.
Old 07-08-2002 | 12:08 PM

they prolly could but they would be missing the AEM intake along with KORE's so i dont know if the dyno shootout will even happen anymore.

Im doubtful. but i think SR's,AEM's and KORE's are going to be the best since they will all be roughly based on the same idea.
Old 07-08-2002 | 12:14 PM

Someone needs to do all the intakes in one day,
SR, KORE, AEM, AOS, INJEN, MHP!