Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What Next, Exhaust or manifold mod?

Old 12-02-2002 | 01:08 PM

Default What Next, Exhaust or manifold mod?

Hey guys,
The only mod I've done to the engine is a CAI. I was thinking about the Barney TB than I read that I need the intake manifold mod. So now I'm thinking exhaust from what I've read from you guys.
What do you think?
Old 12-03-2002 | 12:54 AM

I'd recommend doing your intake manifold and BBTB and XD cam before your exhaust. Tibbies greatest bottleneck is your intake. Exhaust should come last. You want to get some torque up before you go with headers, because you can loose some low end which the intake mods would help make up for.
Old 12-04-2002 | 11:21 AM

Yep, do the TB and the IM before you do anything else. You already have the intake done, my as well stay where you are and finish the job off before you start on another part of your powerband, you will feel the most power when you do the TB compared to anything else
Old 12-04-2002 | 12:42 PM

save your money and go for a turbo. yeah, get the tb and manifold port matched, but DON'T go with headers. get an exhaust because the turbo needs it. see what i'm saying. beta's are not n/a engines. they are 200% turbo engines. let's say you get 180whp out of your n/a beta (which is 100% not streetable), you could get 250+whp out of it turbo'd, and it would be a lot easier. my mistake was thinking that i could make a badass n/a beta. it's not gonna happen. the best out there only have 190whp, and that's with the quad tbody's and everything. that just doesn't cut it.

[ December 04, 2002, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: turbulence ]