Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

What mods

Old 12-21-2002, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default What mods

I'm looking at re-doing my mods on my Tib.

My main reason for this is I want to increase my low end torque and hp... it's very rare that I'm wide open through 4th gear even. I want to set the car up to have that low end punch that will walk away right off the line from light to light.

What mods should I be installing on my car.

I'm changing my exhaust already ... loosing the 2.5" going smaller with a resonater to quiet it down too.... will changing the diameter of my intake piping (3" right now) smaller make it torqier?

Suggestions?
Old 12-21-2002, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

NEO! Long time no see bra!

Well, what do you have done to it right now? I forget?

If you don't have them allready, I'd do this way first (It's what I'm doing on mine) CAI, Big Bore Throttle Body, IM, SFAC, Headers (I'm planning on Turbo so I'm not doing headers), full catback exhaust.

As for headers, I hear this makes a big difference in where you get your power. You may want to investigate which are the best, 4-2-1 or 4-1.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:40 PM

you want it torqier? Then i'd drop to a 2.5" intake CAI setup, get a BBTB(barney 61mm), bored out intake manifold(61mm) with poslished runners, then get yourself a XD cam(intake). That should scrounge you up some ft/lbs of torkie. Then if you want lowerend, then get 4-2-1 headers and a underdrive pulley. You can also get a better clutch and lighter flywheel to speedup your takeoff.

Now of course, its relevant, because i'd recomment a 4-1 if you have a 5speed and a 4-2-1 if you have a auto. The reason is, that most of us manual people will only shift at high revs, so you want all your power up there, not in the midrange where you'll only be on takeoff

after all that jazz, get a s-afc to tune in your air fuel mixture and get about 8+whp from it. Then you pretty mutch done except if you wanna do a shot of nitrous. That would dramatically help your take off time :-D
Old 12-22-2002, 02:54 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

NEO! Long time no see bra!

Well, what do you have done to it right now? I forget?

If you don't have them allready, I'd do this way first (It's what I'm doing on mine) CAI, Big Bore Throttle Body, IM, SFAC, Headers (I'm planning on Turbo so I'm not doing headers), full catback exhaust.

As for headers, I hear this makes a big difference in where you get your power. You may want to investigate which are the best, 4-2-1 or 4-1.
NO sheit man .. I've been around (great pics BTW)
Well I've got the CAI and the Exhaust done ... but it actually feels like I lost some lowend from those so I have to play around a bit.

then get yourself a XD cam(intake).
Won't I loose torque with this? ... I had it installed and had NO pull whatsoever until about 6 grand ... I'm gonna change the intake piping for sure ... and the pulley .. and see where that puts me.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2002, 03:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well now that she's breathing so good, get some more gas into her.