Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Warranty??!

Old 04-18-2002, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty??!

would repalcing internal parts with other hyundai parts void ur warranty??

i mean like for example im going to get the gtcams would replacing the existing one with those (since that doesnt come in a tibby) would that void it???

-coco
Old 04-18-2002, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its always best to call your dealer first and find out how "cool" they are with most things. Sometimes you can even get them to do the install! I think a few people have had the dealer install the cam...

Of course I doubt they would be able to tell the difference without really taking a hard look anyway...
Old 04-18-2002, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I seriously doubt the dealer would know you have a different cam installed. They would have to measure it and compare the measurements to the stock cam to find out if you had replaced it.

Some dealers are really cool, and they will not void your warranty no matter what you do, as long as the part that you had installed/installed did not cause the broken part to break. Others, void your warranty on your engine becuase you changed your windshieldwasher sprayers...

Talk with your service manager, and find out how cool he is with mods. Offer to let them install the cam, if it will keep you under warranty, it'll be worth it. Make sure that you get them to sign something that states that your warranty is still in effect, just to make sure they don't screw ya later.