Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Want my car faster...what can I do?

Old 05-06-2002 | 07:50 PM

Default Want my car faster...what can I do?

Basically this is what I am looking for. I have a small budget (as I am in university), so I was just wondering what some small mods I can do to my 2003 Cyl. Tibby? I'm not looking for huge gains just enough to make a difference. Low end tourque would be nice to have more of, but people tell me its hard to do....any suggestions on what/where/how much/ and how easy the installation is?
Old 05-06-2002 | 09:52 PM

the easiest way to get low-end torque in a tibby is to mod the intake. I beleive the first thing you should do is get a CAI. There have been a couple of people who have gotten them for their '03 already. I know random did his legendary CAI on it already. Good and cheap. Next thing you should do is contact onpol and find out if you can get your throttle body done for your '03 and possibly your IM. That will give you gobs of low-end torque for dirt cheap(comparatively).

Say $60 for the CAI(homedepot!). Probably around $200 for your throttle body. and another $200 for your IM. Your looking at the biggest bottle neck for your tibby, and once you clear that up. You should be in the butterzone wink (next get 4-2-1's and catback)
Old 05-07-2002 | 03:10 AM

hoe much do you have to spend?