Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Volo Vp11 Preformance Chip

Old 06-16-2008 | 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Jun 16 2008, 08:25 PM)
Just remember, when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Here's some stuff on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-6-OBD...emZ220221057959

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/new-2007-...-08-altima.html
^^^
No effect on an installed vehicle.

And that's about it.

On all of google.

I'd say it's a bunch of bullshit, been selling them for over 2 yearsnow and there is almost nothing about it online? A LOT of the Ebay feedback is "i haven't installed it yet", or "very little performance change" type stuff.

Yeah, I did a search too, just got busy and didn't reply yet. I saw two forums with people that bought them and did not install them. One said if anything he got better throttle response out of it, that's it.

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jun 16 2008, 08:33 PM)
now im just trying to figure out a good way to get rid of it.

Sell it "As Is" on eBay. I know it is kind of shady since you have seen any gains. Don't make any statements which are lies, ie "Works great in my car". In fact you could probably tell them you did not notice anything and someone will still buy it. Just give them links to Jet. Jet chips are pretty popular, I am sure you will get something out of it.
Old 06-17-2008 | 01:15 AM

Yeah,

Tnx for the feedbacks been brainstorming about these same issues.
it really does not have the capasity to do things in real time, but what they CLAIM is that they have pre progamd maps in the Eprom chip, and it will redirect the changes to the onboard chip instead op the ECU.

to Ericy321, i already have those mods to install.
I'm new to the site so short history with Tibs:
I crashed my first rd-tib 2years ago, Just after fine tuning the turbo setup (a car jumped in front of me and i totaled)
So i had alot of mods installed and still waiting to install still in the garage, and decided a while back to buy another 2001
to do another import-tuner car.
already installed:
4-1 Headers, full catback exhaust with racing cat converter
Veilside Body Kit, currently on konig 17" rims going 18" when done
AEM CAI on K&N filter
currently i'm working on:
costume spoiler (headache, as the car has lots of curves, but i like the chalange)
still to change:
Brembo discs (drlled and slotted), brembo pads, Clutchmaster stage 3 clutch and flywheel,
Iridium Spark plugz, Upgraded spark plug wires (don't remember the make at the moment) they have tiny capacitors build in.
a shortshifter i bought from e-bay and never got to use in 3 years.
and some small costum jobs as interior lights, fog lights, Momo racing stearing wheel with quick realese, costume interiour including Sparco racing seats and complete leather and swede conversion to come.
complete costum sound system as i had it previously 5.1 systeem MB Quart QSD 6.5" component front, Rseries Compenent 6X9" back , Alpine F1 Center Speaker, powerd by Alpine 5 Ch Amp, Kicker 12"SX square sub powerd by kicker amp. Full costume installation with bulletproof- and plexi-glass (i do that myself as i'm a certified Home Theater and 12V installer, but do it as a hobby) all this controlled by alpine multimedia controllers and head units.
STILL need a good thought on what to do where the passenger side airbag now recides. as i don't think i'll be needing it and road rules here are very very very leanind and no airbag is needed by law.

So the small preformace upgrades i think i'm already done with (all ideas welcome).
i think reflashing the ECU or a mod chip or something like that would be y only next step as i don't want to do tha whole Turbo thing again.
I will be posting pictures as soon as i put some nice colours back on the car and get to know my ways around this site better

TNX for the input

I wouldn't mind buy it and testing it out to let you know but i'll take to much time as i have to finish everyting on the car before doing it and that's gonna take a while.
So if you have one that does work i'll prefere to go with that.
Old 06-17-2008 | 01:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

DTN they are pro bally using some sort of PIC type microcontroller considering it only looks like a transistor, resistor bar and chip. You get get a pic12 in an 8pin package with 256 eeprom and 3.5k flash.

This probably doesn't do anything what so ever if it did and they were around for 2 years don't you think we would have heard about it previously.
Old 06-17-2008 | 05:15 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Yeh, but look at the box it comes in. it looks very minimal for any kind of a setup like that. That would have to be a RISC processor with an i/o device, or at least some sort of buffer to translate OBD-II and perform the required operations at speciffic time intervals.

OK now after thinking about it further, it seems quite impossible. Our Tiburon ECUs operate at about 1-4 mhz (I cant remember right now, it's in a technical manual somewhere). The obd port operates at KHZ speeds. It's possible that it takes timing signal ques from the OBD-II port, then receives data, manipulates it, and sends it back. It's unlikely though. If you've ever watched sensors in real time on our cars, they move slowly and lagged. It takes about 1/2 second for the TPS to update on my laptop when I'm looking at OBD-II data. According to the pictures, they use TPS signal and RPM signal to remap other signals. From what i've seen it updates too slow.

With all of the different varriables, instruction sets and differences in decimal places, I have trouble believing this would be possible without a much larger more computerized setup. 2004 VW Passats have OBD-II values that read things like TPS as 12.0213% where as our cars read 14%. If it were an analog value I'd believe it were possible, but this value is digital through the OBD port. I can believe it works on certain cars, but not all.