Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

VHR clutch owners...

Old 07-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys think SR"s polyurethane mounts will help shifting gears faster or getting a better chirp in 2nd?

my 2nd gear synchro is not feeling too good so it takes me longer to shift and by teme i do i loose too much rpm's to have a nice chirp..what you think?anyone got aftermarket mounts?
Old 07-13-2004, 07:27 PM

poly... engine mounts are supposed to reduce wheel hop therefore providing better traction by keeping the wheels to the ground .... so i guess they would help give you a chirp when shifting 1-2 gears, but why are you so concerned about chirpin during shifting?? if your synchros are going, it wont fix them
Old 07-13-2004, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

SR's would help some, but the Kspec ones will help you more. They are 100 cheaper.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:12 AM
Al

QUOTE (01roller)
but why are you so concerned about chirpin during shifting?? if your synchros are going, it wont fix them

fun...that's all. just like doing it from time to time(i know i know bad for tires diff blah blah blah lol )synchros are not really that bad it's just htat when i shift realy fast i feel some oposition like it dont want to go in gear right away. and since i have Redline MT90 and i know that it's not low it's got to be the synchros
Old 07-14-2004, 09:06 AM

Wich type of clutch is better: the 4 pucks, 5 pucks or "fully disk"???? Where do I get them with the "sprungs" on the disk???
Old 07-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Al

full disc is pretty much like stock i think sometimes they use slightly different material. full disc is also easyer for daily drivers that dont wnat to put up with too much shit. 4and5 puck clutches usually have higher HP ratings and should last longer under same driving conditions vs full disc. all depends on what you need. i got VHR because it was an awesome deal and i needed an upgrade and piece of mind knowing that the clutch will proably outlast the car. no way in hell will i ever reach that 350HP rating
Old 07-14-2004, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

odessa i dont mean to act like a dick, i just am. as for a lightweight flywheel, its just less weight that the engine has to spin, so if its lighter, the revolutions per minute will be greater, due to less weight on the crankshaft of the motor, its like have lighter rims on your car, if your rims where made of concrete, the engine would have to work so hard to spin them, but if the were made of hmm lets say magneseium, *drools, magneseium, is so light that the engine wouldnt have to work so hard to spin the wheel, same for the flywheel, so when you rev up and let off the gas, the engine slows quicker, revs drop faster, cuz all that extra weight isnt making the motor spin.

i would say a 5 puc is more confortable of an engagement, than a 4 puc, and a full face, just smoothly grips all the way around, so you barely notice the engagement, also with less pucs, you can apply more pressure to them, and get better response

poly mounts?? kspec, man but arent they 250 ??? and man i can wheel hop all thru first until about redline than, i have to shift

do you guys beleive i have to special order mt 90 from advance auto cuz they only carry motor oil, fockers
Old 07-14-2004, 10:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

The only disadvantage to a lighter flywheel is the different shifting technique you would need. The motor will stop revolving quicker, therefore you must shift faster to match it or it will fall below the shift point. Or you can give the motor a little gas while shifting to keep it going.
I have the fidanza and it was half the weight of the stocker. I didn't notice any more "power" but the motor did drop its revs quicker. Just not as bad as people think.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Al

loneshark, get oil from summit, screw Advance. sumit will get it to you in 3 days and it's only 7 per quart vs nearly 9 from local shops

is that hopping all the way thru first with or without poly mounts?
Old 07-14-2004, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (loneshark)
poly mounts?? kspec, man but arent they 250 ???

Nope, $79 each, $149 for 2.