Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

VHR clutch owners...

Old 07-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you got that kit from Real few months back or just have one in your car then tell me all you can about it how it is working out so far

i got one myself but starting from stand still is driving me nuts i end up either juddring like crazy or sliping the clutch way too much. have 350miles on it so far but most are highway. cant get my damn feet to work right either when shifting fast always late on the gas.

just tell me how this is working out for you and how you learned to deal with some of these things or if anythign got significantly better after time(besides practice lol)
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default VHR clutch owners...

LMFAO, hahahahaahahahaha

ME TOO, its just the clutch bro, man people dont understand what a pain in the ass a 2200 pound pressure plate is like with a 4 puc disk, definetely, i have 650 miles on mine already and the pedal is softer as the pressure plate has worn in a little, but the disc has gotten stickier and stickier, 1st gear is a royal pain in the ass in traffic, but nothin beats that 1st to 2nd shift, its like BAM, and then 3rd, BAM again, very easy to chirp the tires in both gears,

I for one love it, reverse gear is the most difficult, cuz there is no way im releasing the clutch all the way. i have to rev up to 3500 hundred, and pump the gas between 2500 and 3500 and pump out the clutch as a move backward, cuz if ya release that puppy all the way your gonna smoke em in reverse, LOL, but yea its seems like

shifts under 3000, in normal acceleration, feel like they hit so hard, and if your not actually accelerating more, the engine wants to slow down on you cuz of the grip

ALL IN ALL< I LOVE IT
Old 07-09-2004, 09:28 AM

Hey there.. ok

I have about 1500km on them already

They are great in general!

!st gear STILL takes gentle pedalwork when driving slowly (eg. around a parking lot) else it chatter like mad
If you are gentle with it however, it is reasonably smooth.
Much better than what most ppl would expect from 1000kg and 4puck copper/ceramic disk clutch

BUT in faster driving and real hard driving, the clutch is REALLY great!
standing starts are great, all the shifts r sharp yet smooth. No slipping at all

now on another note, I really don't think you should be chirping the tyres in 2nd and 3rd gears unless you have much more power than stock or have old/poor tires.

If you ARE stock and you have good tires, you should NOT be chirping UNLESS you are DUMPING the clutch extremely hard.
Try not to do that cos it'll shorten the life of ur clutch
Old 07-10-2004, 10:02 AM

I luv em!

They are just begging to be driven hard!
Old 07-10-2004, 04:27 PM

lol laugh.gif .... drive hard but dont dump the clutch yellow

o yea .... wuts the difference in weight between the vhr and oem fly wheel?? my vhr flywheel still feels pretty damn heavy to me ... any one held both of em at once ??
Old 07-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Al

QUOTE (01roller)
lol .... drive hard but dont dump the clutch yellow

o yea .... wuts the difference in weight between the vhr and oem fly wheel?? my vhr flywheel still feels pretty damn heavy to me ... any one held both of em at once ??

half lighter at least...oem is also nearly 20mm thicker overall. didnt get a chance to weigh them but there is significant difference
Old 07-12-2004, 08:56 AM

Yellowcoupe pls dont dbl post.
I didnt weigh my flywheels either but the difference is huge....to put it this way the stock flywheel alone weighed almost as much as the ENTIRE VHR kit.

1st gear blows......the engagement, but it also will fly by. Ive got close to 3k on mine now and all the chatter is pretty much gone except for engaging 1st. Its really hard on hills.....i had a bike pull up REAL close to me on sunday on a hill i thought i was gonna roll into him while trying to rev to 1k (best place to engage the clutch for 1st, at least mine) but w/ the flywheel so light, its really difficult to get just that tiny bit of revs over idle. thats my ONLY beef w/ this kit. 1st gear will get better as you drive it a bit more, trust me. But i dont think it'll ever be anywhere near as smooth in first gear as stock.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:02 AM

I wanna another group buy on it that be great !
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

QUOTE (yellowcoupe)
now on another note, I really don't think you should be chirping the tyres in 2nd and 3rd gears unless you have much more power than stock or have old/poor tires.

If you ARE stock and you have good tires, you should NOT be chirping UNLESS you are DUMPING the clutch extremely hard.
Try not to do that cos it'll shorten the life of ur clutch

SCREW THAT, dump that sucka !!!!!!!! I have found that for the best launch possible, bring it up to 2500, hold it, then BAM !!!!! slam the gas, and off you go to redline, and kick the clutch, (shift at about 6200) slam it into second, and when you engage 2nd, you should be at 4500, and shift again at 6000, into 3rd.

I have brand new tires, Goodyear Eagle F-1's GS-D2's, 215 45 17, but they are a very hard tire, so the car bounces like crazy when i launch, when i go to the track, Im gonna throw on the stock rims, with the hankook tires on there, drop the pressure to like 20 pounds, and see the difference.

thats why we bought this clutch right???? hahaha, J/K, Im at about 800 miles now, and I can easily come out of first at about 1500, with barely any chatter, there is absolutley no slippage when mashing the gas

QUOTE (hyundaicraz )
I wanna another group buy on it that be great !

thats a great idea
Old 07-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Al

it's been another 300 for me almost at 850 and it is significantly better now ...i think i am in love smile.gif too bad my 2nd synchro cant keep up with me so chirpign in 2nd is not that easy