Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Valve leak

Old 06-03-2002 | 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Accent
Default Valve leak

HAs anyone had a problem with the 2001 Hyundai Accent? I've had mine for a while now almost 8 months, have the exhaust redone and a CAI donefor now. BUt I've been noticing that there's oil small, very small amounts coming out from underneath the valve cover. ANybody got any ideas on a remedy? Also there's been a but of a burnt toast smell coming when In the higher rpm's. ANybody have a problem like this?
Old 06-03-2002 | 09:13 PM

Simple...Goto the Dealer.
Old 06-03-2002 | 10:18 PM

Well, if there is oil leaking from your valve cover, it isn't a "valve leak" . . . just your valve cover leaking. That burnt toast smell could be possibly from a small amount of oil that leaked out, evaporating from high temp. in the engine bay say like some oil dripped onto the exhaus manifold. Something like this is pretty simple to fix. Go get a valve cover gasket (rubber is the best) and replace your possible leaky one. Make sure you don't get any dirt inside the valve train and clean up the mess the leaky oil made. If your car is covered, sure you can take it to the dealer, but this is something the ave. oil changing mechanic can perform. If in doubt, ask an experienced buddy. Hope this helps. tongue.gif

Rich.