Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Valve Cover Gasket Leaking?

Old 04-12-2006, 06:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

No, its not white.

You shouldn't be lazy about changing the valve cover gasket. It really only takes like 10 minutes to change, and about $20 for the gasket and half moons from the dealer.

The oil pan on the other hand is a b****. I'm using that Ultra Black Sealant and doesn't hold as well as it did stock. And do NOT over tighten the 10mm's on the pan. Most of them go into the iron block, but about 6 of them screw into the ALUMINUM oil pump housing and main end cap. So they strip very easy in those places.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

thanks alex01, yeah i bought some of that stuff yesterday. i'll see how it works. it says that stuff is supposed to elongate the lifespan of the gasket anyways, so you might as well throw some on for the next half of your engine's life.

also says it's durable with compressed and turbo applications so it can't be all that bad.

check out that horrible gasket leak. yeah, and i JUST cleaned it too. i've got a new valve cover with gasket. could flooring it devour your gasket like this? i mean i have to admit i've tested the car's limits sometimes here and there.

they have engine flush stuff but my friend told me that might send some of that oil grime through some tiny oil lines and might clog up the transmission so that it stops functioning/shifting. he said to stick with transmission fluid for 20 mins idle.