Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

valve chatter?

Old 04-18-2002, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no valid reason to why the HLA's are dying under nos but it is happening, first 2uniq, then smiley, now me and looks like jaws to. Time to bug my dealer yet again, this would be the 2nd set of HLA's I busted.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:37 AM
Red

Well, it's not like I don't believe ya wink I figure you've been around long enough to know a busted HLA when you hear one. It just really confuses me how they could be bad....

I guess actually, maybe it should *scare* me that they go bad so easily. What's gonna happen with 300WHP of turbocharged goodness and another 150HP of spray on top of it?
Old 04-18-2002, 05:29 AM

i think your gonna go boom!

Yea i had the same problem with a 75 dry shot

Some engine flush took care of the problem for me

Has anyone with a wet kit experienced the same problem???

Man,... im glad that im going with a wet kit
Old 04-18-2002, 05:46 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I have the same valve chatter now except it started happening after the replaced the shattered piston I had. It has been in debate for about a month now if they are going to cover it under warrantee or not so I have to drive around a loud ass car. Apparently, my little valve problem turned into a major problem and they might replace the whole engine but I will get an Elantra block.