Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Type Of Cat

Old 07-16-2005 | 05:58 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

use this CTO-6905, or something simillare to it, you need one with no O2 pipe. you know that little pipe on the side.. ok now get you a 35~45in glasspack. make it about 4-6 in away from the cat... with the glasspack you get ride of the bumblebee sound you will get with stainless steel and you will get a low, i would almost say a v6 type sound. on my car i got no cat.. I order one for my turbo set up yeasterday. 3' in and out. anyway the headersthen the glasspack 45' Thrush
then the end muffler. and that in combination with my 272 cams it sound nice

offtopic.gif
would some one pm me on how to opost video and sound bits, i really want to sow you all what goes on here.

but i hope that give you and ideal feel free to ask me any question brother fing02.gif
Old 07-21-2005 | 02:05 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Mad_john, i can host your video!

We will compare sounds. I will make a post where you can also compare yours to mine. Ok, glasspack it will be. But here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to get it put on first before Jet-Hot and see how it sounds.

If I don't like the sound then I will put take the exhaust off myself and have a shop put a glasspack in the middle section and send it to Jet-Hot.

CTO-6905 looks good but it's a catco, I can probably get the same one on ebay. but it looks like the one i'm going to go with. hmmm

Now my question here: Should I get an OBD II (On board diagnostic) cat? That's what Meineke told me... I don't know if the ebay catco's are OBD II...
Old 07-21-2005 | 02:08 PM

Just get a high flow catco cat and you will be happy. As long as you don't have CEL, you are straight!
Old 07-21-2005 | 09:36 PM

Ok, is this a good one? It says there's an O2 bung already on it but anyone know if it's before the inlet or after the outlet?

Catco High Flow Cat

I have already ordered gaskets and am ready for the fun stuff!
Old 07-21-2005 | 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

well i got f***ing owned.gif. the one i orderd form summit was the excat same as yours.. ahhhhh i will just have to plug it or something.. as for hosting that would be tight

pm me with the details
Old 07-21-2005 | 09:50 PM

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 15 2005, 04:27 AM)
anybody know what Meineke could do to make it inexpensively sound MEAN? I want growl and howl like no other Tiburon.

Trust me when I say that you don't want that.

With CAI, header, high-flow cat and custom exhaust with straight-through muffler(that's what yours is right?) it's going to be loud as hell. You'll be setting off car alarms when you pass parked cars, your subwoofer will be useless because the exhaust will resonate in the cabin at a similar frequency, and when you accelerate as slowly as possible it will sound like 100 lawn mowers racing. The silencer will eliminate a lot of that, but then why bother with a bigger exhaust at all if you're going to run a silencer?

Get a Thrush glasspack. With a straight-through muffler it will still be loud as hell, but maybe you can tolerate it. I certainly couldn't. My neighbors were none too happy either.
Old 07-21-2005 | 10:02 PM

hahaha fonseca that's soo funny!! i HAVE to quote you on that!! hahaha.... you know i'm doing it for the girls. then again... something like a hundred lawnmowers racing might just be embarassing on your first date. or having to shut off the car when you're ordering at a drive thru.

hahah damn that's funny... the muffler is straight through... oh no there's nothing in the way but air in there. all it is the pipe from hell aka your basement bathroom. laugh.gif

the muffler tip is 4" and apparently tim did a fantastic job welding the pipes together. all the shops complemented the job...

Mad_john, I will PM you.

t minus 2 weeks boys. thanks for all the help!
Old 07-21-2005 | 10:54 PM

Yeah, you laugh now....

I got rid of my straight-through muffler for something else and added a glasspack after I was driving on a one way street through campus and set off like 5 car alarms when I sped up to only 25mph. Plus on long trips I would have a headache from the noise. That wasn't what I intended when I went with a custom exhaust.

It's still a little loud now, but sounds very nice overall.
Old 07-21-2005 | 11:52 PM

that's sooo funny how it set off car alarms! i don't know about your location but here in MD you don't really want to attract unwanted guests. so that's why i'm sooo glad that tim had this silencer come with the exhaust.

we'll see how embarassing it actually gets. the exhaust isn't going to stay on the car for more than two days. well at least until i get some sound clips and photos because i'm not paying anybody to take the exhaust off for Jet-Hot. It's just going to be me, the ehxuast, some tools and the car before the whole thing is shipped off again.

Well, cat is ordered! now, do you see at the very top of that picture where the pipe is slanted where that white label is? I counted 16 inchers, more than enough for a cat to be welded and take the spot. do you think it's a good place?
Old 07-21-2005 | 11:58 PM

Should have left it catless man. If you would have gotten CEL or it was too loud, I'd put a cat in, otherwise..... no need for it!