Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Turbo Or N/a???

Old 05-15-2005 | 08:13 PM

ok ive been readin up on alot of stuff on this site but im just not sure if i should go n/a or turbo....ik each prolly has its advantages and disadvantages but overall which is the better choice???? i have an auto...and i saw something how turbos are better for autos idk sum1 help me out here thx..
Old 05-15-2005 | 08:22 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i regret going n/a. you can't brag about how your car is faster than a porsche...

i'd go turbo. n/a parts is a pain in the butt to wait for. caution though, some people here have screwed their engines up a bit going turbo. you need a kit, pistons and rods and such, and boost control, new ECU, fuel rail and pump, 2.5'-3' exhaust. you will have to use high octane fuel and change your oil every 2k.

your shot. how much do you have to spend? n/a is less care, less hp more $$. turbo is more care, more hp, less $$.
Old 05-15-2005 | 08:45 PM

yea i dont have much money....like none...i gotta start saving...but how much would a good turbo cost? and all those other things i have to buy with it idk im thinkin n/a but eeh who knows
Old 05-15-2005 | 08:56 PM

No offense but this is a very nooby topic. You should have done a search before making a post like this. There is plenty of topics covering what parts you will need for turbo, where to get them, and how much they cost.

You don't seem to know much about N/A or turbocharging, so I say learn more about your car and then decide what you want to do. Buy "Maximum boost" by Corky Bell and some book about N/A tuning, or just search and read!
Old 05-15-2005 | 09:09 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

HKC u dont need a new fuel rail, or ecu for a turbo, in fact i dont think we have an ecu to buy at all, besides the 1.8L and we dont know the effects of that w. a turbo. Also you dont need new pistons and rods for low boost set ups. Searching would give u the answers uve asked because very similar threads have come up.
Old 05-16-2005 | 07:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sorry man, you need to read the forums a bit.

1. This has been covered more times than I can count.

2. Most folks here won't even reply to your thread because of...

a. Stuff like "idk ne1 no were i can get?".

b. It's been covered 1000 times this month.

I'm not being a prick my man, post all you want, but please, do me a few favors.

1. Until you know more, search before you ask a question, this site has been around for some time and there is a good chance the info you seek could already be on the forums.

2. Type with proper grammar and use full sentences, clean english. If everyone can understand what you are asking and you don't sound like a 15 year old RICER trying to find out how to install a turbonator, then you'll get replies and good communication.

CLOSED.