Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tranny Problems!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well going in the shop tomarrow before school, I'll let you know what was up when I get it back. Thanks for the help

Yeah got the car back from the shop, that gold thing that was sticking out there was soposed to be a hose on it so thats why there was tranny fluid on top of the tranny just hooked the hose back up and its good to go.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Out of curiosity where does the hose lead too?

Also, I've heard from others that when you run your transmission hard, when the pressure gets too great it sends some of the fluid out to relieve the pressure.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

just curious how much they charged you to put the hose back on?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM

They didn't charge me anything when i got it the tranny redone(cost 1900) comes with a 1 year warranty and they will pay tow Bil if it breaks down. They cool guys they already had to rebuild it a second time, no charge and they had it done within a week.

I'm not quite sure where the hose leads to in the picture its right next to it tho or above it.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I honestly don't think there is suppose to be a hose there..... I know it has a cap because that is the breather for the tranny. When pressure gets to high it lets some of the fluid out... Unless the RD1 automatic is drastically different (yes, I know they have differences, but I mean a whole redesign) I doubt there should be a hose there. As you can see in your pictures there is no hose any where around there.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Bommello @ May 4 2009, 09:51 PM)
I honestly don't think there is suppose to be a hose there..... I know it has a cap because that is the breather for the tranny. When pressure gets to high it lets some of the fluid out... Unless the RD1 automatic is drastically different (yes, I know they have differences, but I mean a whole redesign) I doubt there should be a hose there. As you can see in your pictures there is no hose any where around there.

yeah that hose you can c in the picture right above it has a part that comes down that i didnt notice hooks right into there.
I guess why i was loosing fluid is becuse the hose was release fluid while it was sloshing around in there.