Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tranny Problem After Clutch Install

Old 11-06-2007 | 03:20 PM

hey its been a while but im back with another problem.
i just installed a fidanza flywheel and clutch masters fx300 clutch with the help of hma service.com. when i went to start the car its like the pedal goes halfway down and feels like it hit a brick wall and will not go down any further. with all my weight on the pedali can barely get the car started. when i do get it started the pedal has no change in pressure and i can hardly get it into gear. somebody please help me out.i appreaciate everything in advance

rd2pimp

bump.
Old 11-06-2007 | 05:14 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Elantra

Did you make sure the throwout bearing was: 1. oriented the right way and 2. secured on the release fork before you installed the trans? Bleed the clutch? Forget to snap the throwout bearing into the pressure plate? Install the release arm the right way after snapping the throwout bearing in?

Sounds like your clutch simply isn't pulling away from the flywheel, which likely means something isn't installed correctly.

Anybody else, please chime in.