Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tranny Issue

Old 06-28-2008 | 02:45 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Hey Guys wondering if you can help me out with an issue which i cant figure out....
While i was driving home i noticed my clutch pedal all of a sudden just dropped a bit..Im like WTF?
Basically my clutch pedal doesnt want to go all the way down and when putting into gear you need some force...
Lets say im in first gear and as soon as i ease up on the clutch the car just graps and stalls.I had always had some play in the clutch pedal before taking off and now there is not play and just takes off...
At first i figured it was my slave cylinder leaking or the one underneath car BUT NO....I checked to see if it was leaking anywhere but didnt notice any oil.I even pulled out the cap where the clutch fluid goes and its full to the Top????? mad.gif

Basically i hear a sweaking sound everytime i press on the clutch and when i pressed the clutch all the way down it stops where the button switch is?
Now my question is, isnt the button suppose to be pushed in while im pressing on the clutch pedal as opposed to just touching the button?
Finally to me it doesnt sound like the clutch but can it be a possibilty?
any help would be great
Thanks cool.gif

UPDATE:
Funny thing is this morning i tried to see if i can figure out what was going on and today i noticed two things.
First of all when i was pressing down on the clutch the squaking noise is not present
Second when i press down on the clutch pedal all the way it stops at the point which i mentioned in my above post but if you press down a bit more it actually goes down.Its funny because it stops at one point and then with a bit more force it gowes down.This makes me to believe its internal and the pressure plate might be the issue...
Can anyone verify this? cool.gif
Old 06-28-2008 | 05:33 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

How's the slave cyl? It does happen (albeit rarely) that they leak internally, IE, THROUGH the piston seal. This happened to an old brake master I had from a pony, where rust would accumulate in the bore and over time, it wore the seal out, causing inter-piston fluid travel. The same could be happening with the slave.

Easy way to check this: Have someone steadily push the clutch, and you watch the throwout arm move.

It could be the end of the pressure plate, that's exactly what happened to my buddy's accent a few months ago: It eventually bent so badly he couldn't use it at all and had to drive in second gear (starting and stopping was fun).

BTW I have your dimmer switch thing in my Stellar!
Old 06-29-2008 | 12:46 PM

Jed!
When you saying to steadily push the clutch, and you watch the throwout arm move do i have to look for signs of Fluid leak?
You think by draining the clutch fluid and then refilling it might fix this issue?
Wanna try the cheapest route first cool.gif
Old 06-29-2008 | 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

You're looking to look at the movement of the slave to see if its moving as far as it should be. If its not its likely a hydraulic (sp?) issue. The cylinders can leak just like brake cylinders do. The seals wear out and when you push in the pedal the seal isn't holding pressure so though you're not leaking any visual fluid, the tob isn't able to move to its full extent due to a lack of pressure. I'm inclined to lean towards a hydraulic issue more than anything.
Old 06-29-2008 | 01:44 PM

Cypher
Thanks for the input as i will defently check...
If you look at my above post where i have the UPDATE i was saying the actual clutch pedal stops at one point then needs more force with your foot to go all the way down so the salve techneclly goes all the way...

sounds more like an internal issue with the pressure plate
Old 06-29-2008 | 01:48 PM

what kind of clutch? driving style? mileage? mods?
Old 06-29-2008 | 01:50 PM

Its the VHR kit and boosted at 19psi
Old 06-29-2008 | 01:53 PM

oh well I didn't know you were boosted. Knowing that, it seems that its entirely possible that its an internal problem. I was working under the assumption that you were mildly modded.