Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tranny Cooler

Old 06-24-2005 | 03:06 PM

I'm looking into buying an auto transmission cooler for the Tiburon.

I know that B&M makes one but I just wanted to know if anyone had any other suggestions, or experience with a tranny cooler.

I'll definitely need to keep my tranny cooler if I want to get any sort of power out of it, seeing that heat is it's biggest downfall.

I'm hoping that with the tranny cooler/PTS kit from Level 10 I will be running a significantly COOLER tranny and then can drop in the torque converter.
Old 06-24-2005 | 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Get a trans temp gague before you do it and see that your trans temp goes up as you go, because its right next to the engine, also if you get an aux trans cooler dont use the factory one too because thats what heats up the tranny, the cooler
Old 06-24-2005 | 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

this may soud weaird but what about a mannual tranny cooler is it possabile,just something i would throw out there.. how chould we fab one ??
Old 06-24-2005 | 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

You dont really need one because once the clutch is out almost no friction but i dont think our auto torque converters lock till 4th gear
Old 06-24-2005 | 06:27 PM

If you were a hardcore racer and the tib was a track slut.. I would say go with a cooler for the manual tranny.. but really, the only cars that need those are older aircooled porsches. With their transmission in the rear (little airflow around it) and with the transmission ahead of the intergrated diff, it gets little "splash" cooling and lubrication.

The tib, unless they needed the coolers in the two rally versions (F2 Evolution or the Libra racing tibs) I would not even begin to worry about it.