Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Took off the exhaust manifold..ew

Old 01-10-2005 | 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Took off the exhaust manifold..ew

I took of my cracked exhaust manifold today, going to take it to weld the crack temporarly, anyways after I took it off It looked gross in each piston exhaust exit. Is that normal or does it look a bit to clogged? How do I clean it and what else do you engine guys see weird in that pic that I don't

any help would be great laugh.gif

Old 01-10-2005 | 06:26 PM

Default Cracked Exhaust Manifold

HEy bro, i feel your pain, i did the exact same thing with my exhause manifold when i flew onto a 6" curb, getting a new one makes no sense, cheaper to just weld it. Btw, like the sound with it leaking? lol, mine leaked just a tiny tiny crack but the sound was like a HArley Davidson 2000CC motercycle ROARING!!!!!!

(Dear Redz this posts refers to the thread due to the fact that i mention the exhaust manifold as a problem i also had and am explaining to Tanc what his best option is. please dont ban me for this post if you find it not pertaining to the subject, thank you)
Old 01-10-2005 | 06:33 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

QUOTE (Kit-Fox)
(Dear Redz this posts refers to the thread due to the fact that i mention the exhaust manifold as a problem i also had and am explaining to Tanc what his best option is. please dont ban me for this post if you find it not pertaining to the subject, thank you)

Seriously Kit-Fox it's 5h!zzz like that that will get you banned.

I just noticed that is the engine exhaust port. I thought it was the manifold at first. I looks kinda scary. Maybe running too rich could cause that. When I was learning how to drive stick, it was mentioned to me that it is not good to shift really low in the rpm band due to carbon build up. I never really gave it a second thought until now. That might be what it is. ????
Old 01-10-2005 | 06:39 PM

that does look pretty dirty...I'll be getting a new header very soon and I'll check mine as well. have you done anything to your car?
Old 01-10-2005 | 06:43 PM

It's normal, it's the exaust that comes out of there, not clean air. Even if you clean it up, it will build back up in no time. You could clean it up but the effort is not worth the gain.
Old 01-10-2005 | 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Eww... running a little rich I think. And people say that a few crinkles in piping is going to slow up exhaust speed. smile.gif That usually happens if there is a CEL and the ECU decides to dump fuel to be safe or at low RPM WOT. The velocity from high RPM WOT can clear out some of it, but I think it needs a little help in your case.

You think thats bad, wait until you tear down your engine or if you replace your IM. Carbon all over the combustion chambers, oil sitting in the IM manifold, etc... its all so icky.
Old 01-10-2005 | 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Running too rich may be a cuase of a faulity 02 ?
I just had my 1st 02 sensor replaced .... soo its brand new
Old 01-10-2005 | 09:04 PM

Larry's right..there's nothing wrong with your car Tanc.
Old 01-10-2005 | 09:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

What might also help is a fuel tuner. I don't know about Tibbies, but on my GSX when I first got it, the A/F was horrible at 6000RPM. I think I was around 10:1 Air/Fuel. Waaaaaay too much fuel.

BTW, could someone enlighten me on the Tiburon ECU not holding a tune? For how long does this last, and I'm assuming that resetting the ECU changes this and gets rid of it not holding it. (SAFC II keeps settings when you reset engine, so no new tuning required...)
Old 01-10-2005 | 10:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Kit-Fox)

I'm not gonna ban you man. Just cut out the BS in EVERY thread. You can have some fun bro, but seriously, take some Valium, and try to help some, like in this thread.

Keep it cool my mang.

Jackass.

wink1.gif