Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Tming Advance Kit (LOL)

Old 06-09-2002 | 02:24 AM
BV1

Default Tming Advance Kit (LOL)

Going back a month ago, a girl on the Tiburon Community Webage (MSN) got the advance kit and told me it was just a 22 ohm resistor. So me and JAWS 01 thought we would try it and throw on the scan tool and see what the computer did.... Kristophyr gave me a copy of the "install" instructions, and I picked up a 22 ohm resistor (red red black gold) from the great shack of radios.....

Heres the letter I sent to the guy who is selling this crap on ebay....

"A friend of mine purchased this kit from you and installed it.

The 22 ohm resistor was installed across the terminals of IAT as the instructions said, and the orginal transistor removed...

Then I put on the OBD-II scan tool, and linked to the car. The IAT read 80.2 C, thats running our cars very lean, which is dangerous, more so then running rich. The reading of 80.2 C is because of the low voltage drop across the IAT that the resistor creates, one of a higher value would read a colder temperature, due to a higher voltage drop. What made you choose this value?

Also the OBD-II computer shows the BTDC ignition timing, and there was no change in timing due to the install as the computer goes into default mode...

Running these cars lean risks detonation, ring lubrication problems, and other problems related to high engine temperature.

If you are going to sell this, you had better know what your doing, because if engine damage starts occuring to these cars, you can be sued for misrepresentation of your product.

The "advance kit" does not tell the computer there is colder air coming in, it tells the computer the air is 80.2 C, and lights up a Check Engine Light.

-Steve"

That clears up that issue.... lol smile.gif
Old 06-09-2002 | 03:26 AM

LOL
Old 06-09-2002 | 01:43 PM

Thats great, these guys that sell this crap on ebay really piss me off. I always email them and tell them why their product doesnt work as if they dont already know.
Old 06-09-2002 | 03:00 PM
BV1

No reply yet, I dont expect a reply, but whatever... Idiot.... lol

-Steve
Old 06-10-2002 | 03:21 AM

BV1 I sent you a PM