Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Timing Chain, or Belt??? now im confused...HELP

Old 07-31-2004, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the track again :)

alright, i ws reading hte DIY for the 1.8 cam install, and i saw the Chain on the cam gears, i thought our cars had Timing BELTS... can somoene explain this to me, along with what RD for RD Tiburon stands for, i have searched and searched and cannot figure it out, its prolly really simple and will make me feel like a moron lol, but yea, hopeuflly u can call explain this stuff to me.. oops.gif
Old 07-31-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Timing Chain, or Belt??? now im confused...HELP

wow, ok, i spelled a whole lot of things wrong up there, and i figured i would let you guys konw that i realized this before you all thought i was some 12 year old with no car trying to fit in haha
Old 07-31-2004, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Timing Chain, or Belt??? now im confused...HELP

1. Please don't double post, a certain Bald Redhead hates that on here lol.gif tongue.gif

2. Riding Delight

3. You have both, a T-Belt and a T-Chain.
T-Belt is your normal timing belt.
The Timing chain sets up your intake and your exhaust cams
Only DOHC (Twin cam) cars have chains. Like the SOHC Accent does not have a chain.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:47 AM

The timing belt goes belween the sproket on the end of the exhaust cam and the crank pulley. The timing chain goes between the two cams.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (AEMTIB01)
alright, i ws reading hte DIY for the 1.8 cam install, and i saw the Chain on the cam gears, i thought our cars had Timing BELTS... can somoene explain this to me, along with what RD for RD Tiburon stands for, i have searched and searched and cannot figure it out, its prolly really simple and will make me feel like a moron lol, but yea, hopeuflly u can call explain this stuff to me.. oops.gif

1. EDIT your post instead of double posting. Then no one will think you are 12 and everyone will know you have read the rules here.

2. We do have timing belts, the cams also have a timing chain.

3. As for RD, if you look in the FAQ SECTION on the main page, you'll see it there. A search in the old site, www.rdtiburon.com/old would also show you the answer.

4. I'll let this double post stand as I understand why you did it, next time just edit the stuff in the first one.