Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

timing adjustment modification

Old 03-18-2002, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing adjustment modification

i've been wondering about how to alter the stock crank angle sensor.. perhaps installing some kind of adjustable bracket that will allow me to advance/retard the timing easily...

i have not yet looked at the inner workings of the crank angle sensor, but that is how the mustangs adjust their timing on the newer 4.6L distributorless engines... they install some kind of aftermarket sprocket on the crank pulley, and mount a new sensor on a bracket and it can be adjusted for advancing/retarding the timing...

anyhow, just wondering what everybody thinks of this ... also, can someone point me toward the info on HMAservice about this crank angle sensor, location and specifications ?
Old 03-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

http://www.hmaservice.com/xml/graphics/E2/E25A307A.gif

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION

With the ignition switch in the ON or START position, battery voltage is applied to the ignition coils. As the crankshaft turns, the engine control module (ECM) receives the signals of CKP and CMP sensor. Based on these inputs and other engine sensors, the engine control module (ECM) controls the current through the ignition coil by turning the power transistor (built-in ECM) on and off. When current flow through the primary winding is stopped, a high voltage is induced in the secondary winding of the ignition coil. The high voltage is applied to the two spark plugs that are connected in series.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks random, you are the MAN !