Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

The Tib Is Acting Up Again

Old 08-25-2006 | 07:53 PM

okay so i never in my life thought i would be happy that a cel came on, but it did so i took it to autozone to get it read. p0300, p0302 p0304 came up which she said was a miss firing thing, i already bought new wires so that rules that out, i checked my plugs and they are all white and have plenty of "tip" where the spark is generated so im thinking the worst that its the coilpack but im crossing my fingers that it isnt because i have no money lol

hyundai webtech says its spark plugs or spark plug wires but ive replaced the wires so i guess im gunna have to go with new plugs tomarrow and see if that works
Old 08-25-2006 | 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You aren't being very specific, so you probably won't get much help.

What plugs did you put in, EXACTLY. Did you gap them?

What brand/model wires did you put in? Are they Hyundai 2.0 specific?
Old 08-25-2006 | 08:04 PM

what is gapping them? the plugs are the plugs that were on the car when i bought them, if i remove them should i gap them and if so how do you do this, or how do you know if its been done and yes the wires are hyundai specific
Old 08-25-2006 | 08:49 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Aug 25 2006, 01:45 AM)
I don't know. I tried to read your posts but my brain rebelled.

Need.... punc....tuation....
AARRGGHHHH!!!

*Do a search for TPS, bet ya you'll find a LOT of info on how to get it fixed, free.*

Come on Redz, not everybody is a valedictorian like you. drillsergeant.gif joke.gif
Old 08-25-2006 | 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

In my opinion, its the coil pack. The codes you gave are:

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

Our system uses the wasted spark method. 1&3 fire at the same time and 2&4 fire at the same time. The wasted spark is at the exhaust stage (hence when 2 is compressed and ready to ignite, 4 is exhausting)
Old 08-26-2006 | 08:40 PM

well like i said im broke but im gunna do plugs tomarrow and if that doesnt work im gunna have to go whore myself to get a coil pack and if that doesnt work im gunna run it off a cliff and get the insurance money lol

ok so i did spark plugs and took it out for a spin and still no diff so im gunna try and make alot of money at work and then go buy a coil pack within the next two days

okay so i installed the coil pack and still no change (this is deffinately getting expensive) but in further talking with a friend he told me that a bad o2 sensor and have an effect like this and i read up on it and its true so i think i will do that. according to a website i was on it says that the o2 sensor works when it is heated to a certain degree, which would explain why my car works fine from a cold start and the gradually gets worse. also ive realized that when i rev the car in neutral when it is hot it will not go past 5000 rpms, but when its cold it will so again leading me twords the o2 sensor so tomarrow i will replace it and hope it goes well if anyone has any thoughts please let me know
Old 08-27-2006 | 08:58 PM

so i went to change my o2 sensor and they didnt have a o2 sensor in stock thatwould fit so bought a universal o2 sensor and put that in and test drove it and got a check engine light so i think maybe it wasnt a good idea to go universal but i dont know if i should just rewire back my old o2 sensor. im so frustrated so now the tib is goin to the shop tomarrow b/c ive done all i could. i also realized that my exhaust manifold is cracked in two spots by both of the outter top bolts that hold it on maybe that can be causing it i dont know lol
Old 08-27-2006 | 11:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Honestly my man, I stopped reading your threads. They are too hard to read. Probably the same reason everyone else hasn't answered you.

The cracked manifold, if it's stock, is also a RECALL by Hyundai. A search will show you that.

I'm gonna close this. Please, start a new one or PM one of the other moderators when you have new info or if you decide to comply with the rules of the site.