Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Thought My Car Was Dead

Old 12-04-2005, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i am leaving the store today and i turn my car on. It is sputtering real bad and seemed like it would stall out felt like exhaust was gonna fall off.

I get real mad just got this car few weeks ago. Im not really good at fixing cars besides basic things. But i decide to open hood and see whats up.

Open and louding whistle is heard sounds very not good i am looking all over and the more i listen the more i tell its air. I search until i found the air hose from top of intake came of the engine. I am not sure how or why it did this. I reatached it and car runs fine again. I then ran to pep boys and bough hose clamps for it.

I have never seen this happen before on a car has anyone else or any ideas how mine did here is a pic of the hose i am talkin about.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:48 PM

Judging how you have a painted valve cover.. the hose was probably not put on properly. As it usually sucks vapors out of the engine, it is not something that usually "blows" off.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:50 PM

It doesn't seem like a normal problem one would have. tho i must admit the hose does seem very loose on there. Which is why i bouth the clamps. Tho i may just look for a blue hose that will fit on there and match better.