Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Switching a MAP to MAF *RED*

Old 05-07-2002 | 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Drop it by my place. I've got the room in my garage and we can compare it to my 99 block that is on the engine stand.
Old 05-07-2002 | 06:40 AM
Red

Actually, the main pulley is the same between the two blocks. However, you may have problems with the water pump pulley... The pulley is keyed so that it bolts onto the pump only one way; however the key placement on my '97 pump shaft was different than the key placement on my '98 pump shaft. I had to cut the pulley slightly to make my own notch for the '97 pulley to fit onto the '98 pump wink

The wiring harness may indeed be different, and we DO now know (thanks SCCA Elantra) that the intake manifold and TB could be different. If you have that "different" intake manifold and TB, then you should use it. Otherwise you're inviting more problems...

Random would probably be the best bet to offer help, as he's closer and can check it out for ya.
Old 05-07-2002 | 06:48 AM

Red:
The wiring harness may indeed be different.
DOH!!!

the IM and TB are different

Ive seen the MAP sensor thingy sticking out of the IM

The coils are a bit different too,... well atleast the wiring harness are,...

This is going to be a bitch when i do the swap

Im going to see if i can haul the engine to randoms house for a quick compare and contrast