Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Stock IM measurement

Old 08-03-2004, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Forum Rules

I just asked a few folks, it's 54 for OEM here.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:52 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe
Default Re: I think I have a lemon.. TONS of problems!

I sent them (PSC) an e-mail yesterday asking for confirmation on the TB sizes (the Oz spec ones)... Just got an answer:

The standard size for the RD Coupe throttle body varies a bit depending on the year or manufacture and the supplier of the throttle body castings to, and is usually between 50-51mm in diameter at the throttle body.

When we modify the throttle bodies, we do each one individually and machine the throttle body as far as we can safely go without compromising the strength of the throttle body or risking a break though to the water jacket.

We currently have two unmodified Coupe/Lantra throttle bodies in stock which are each 51mm at the butterfly, as well as a third one at 50mm. The two standard ones at 51mm can safely be taken out to 56mm, and the 50mm one can be taken out to 55mm.

As with any mass produced part, there will be a variance in the dimensions from time to time, with new tooling and different suppliers being used over the years.

If this is correct, I'm guessing the difference in TB sizes might be due to the fact that our cars don't have a MAF sensor... so maybe without the extra restriction of the MAF sensor, our cars can make the same power with a smaller TB???

So, as mentioned before... I would be interested in someone's unwanted US spec stock TB... if it definitely is 54mm...
Old 08-05-2004, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: 20 WHP from just an intake?!

Again, don't see why it wouldn't fit. Why don't you measure the space between the TB Studs and the size of the studs and someone with a Stock TB can let you know.