Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Sr Hi Cams

Old 07-01-2006 | 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Cool cool, you can only get them in blue though huh?

I don't have ANY blue under the hood, and I have a good bit of red. I might have to get the magnecors just to keep the colors matching.

Not getting any wires for a bit though.

Thanks again for the help guys. No CEL yet! cool.gif

Got ahold of Airborne and he said I should see some BIG gains from the ecu re-flash. He mentioned cams will do very little without a proper tune so.. I can't wait to get my ecu shipped over and returned re-mapped!
Old 07-05-2006 | 05:08 AM

keep us updated.
Old 07-05-2006 | 03:25 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Well, I am probably going to ship the ecu over next week so I will be closer to payday when he recieves it. It is going to cost about $435 US to get the re-flash done so I'd better FEEL a gain or I will be upset.

On another note, the CEL came back on a couple of days ago. Sometimes, when I give it full throttle from a cruise, it will hesitate and then take off so I can feel the effects of the miss. It's not a rough hesitation, it just feels like it is lacking power for a second, then it kicks in?? I wonder where the hell it is coming from. I will have to get my codes read again to confirm I am only getting misfires and no other details.

I suppose I will change the coil packs around to see if that helps. sad.gif
Old 08-25-2006 | 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Bringing up an old post here...
Any updates on this tdonnell? And have you ever gotten it to a dyno?
Old 08-25-2006 | 05:47 PM

Yeah T... please comment on your experience on this...
also, did you solve the hesitation? Might be because of a slightly different position on the lobe for the cam position sensor?