Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Sr Hi Cams

Old 05-29-2006 | 05:33 AM

And this is why i didnt buy those cams on ebay. lmao.gif
Old 05-31-2006 | 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Well I recieved them today and got them installed, pretty damn nice power gain (way more than the airram). I had to polish out some very small knicks here and there but overall a high quality product. Worth every penny in my book. There is a ton more lift on the intake side of things, and a bit more on the exhaust. Idle is the perfect lup, lup, lup. I assume it will get better with time in regards to power since the ecu hasn't had enough time to fully re-calibrate itself. I am adding about 20% more fuel across the board right now with the SAFC II just to be safe. I will take the laptop out with me tonight and datalog some info to tune to the perfect afr.

I moved my adjustable cam gear back to 2 degrees advanced from 5 (where the butt dyno said the most power was, lol) because I was worried the ton of extra lift on the intake side .060" could cause interference issues with the piston. Would it be safe to go even further?

I need to get that head I have lying around P&Ped and install stiffer valve springs so I can up the rev limiter to 75-8000. Would it be safe to go that high on the stock bottom end?

Just thought I would post up my results. Anyone with any opinions or answers please post up your thoughts. cool.gif
Old 06-13-2006 | 03:06 PM

Hey everyone,

Just thought that I would post up that I went through emissions yesterday and passed, but I am still occasionally getting the misfire code?? I went in when the light was off and passed. I was sooo relieved, I thought I would fail and have to remove the cams to pass.

Now I just need to run it at the track, it will definatly be in the 14's now.

Sucks but the car got hit by some losers in OC this weekend, so it is in the body shop right now, their friggin car was uninsured too. mad.gif
Old 06-13-2006 | 03:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/hyundai/tiburon

If your car is misfiring check the spark plugs and wire.

I just had to of my wires go bad and ruin to of my plugs. So my car was misfiring and only running on 2 cylnders(sp). Wires might be bad or plugs.
Old 06-14-2006 | 12:51 AM

^^^Yeah, I definately need to do that when I get the car back from the shop. I have those nology wires, but I think something is wrong with them. At night, I can see little sparks inside the area of the wire where the ground comes out of them. And two of my wire ends that go into my coil are corroded. WTF?? I already had to send these back once due to bad resistance readings, I am going to check the resistance again and see what the hell is going on. Friggin POS wires for 215 bucks. mad.gif
Old 06-29-2006 | 03:17 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

WOW man im suprised nobody said anything about this...

I know this is an old thread but i hope you changed those wires before you ran at the track, get some friggin PRD's.

Could have been why you didnt bust into the 14's but it certainly isnt helping
Old 06-29-2006 | 06:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Why you buy Nology in the first place. lmao.gif
Old 06-30-2006 | 10:24 PM

I have prds... and look at this pic ...

Only 3, I had one just go bad, and still read good with an ohmmeter... The PRD's are ok, but Ive had better luck with OEM. Its getting replaced for free under warrenty but its still a hassel and pisses me off since they werent cheap for SPW.
Old 07-01-2006 | 01:05 AM

Thanks for the pic and honest opinion.

I don't think I want freakin huge wires again. I want to be able to use the spark plug cover so I will stick with oem for a while then prolly get some ngks or magnecors.

Thanks for the replies guys. cool.gif
Old 07-01-2006 | 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

ngk all the way!!!

ive had them for like 4 years now ill probably swap them now that im rebuilding the motor just cuz...