Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

spark plug wire????

Old 03-13-2003, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plug wire????

I need some new wires for my '01 tibby ASAP and it seem's that nobody has a good set for it, unless I special order them. Are there any other cars that use wires that would work on the beta 1?
Old 03-13-2003, 03:44 PM

Just buy performance plug for 01 tib.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Let me share some experience.

1. The Eclipse uses the same wires. You can see this by comparing the OBX and Magnecor part #'2.

2. I compared a used set of Magnecor wires with about 10k miles with my stock wires which had 10k miles and the 8.5mm Magnecor's seemed like they were worse in performance on the butt dyno.

3. I was at the Rice Shop last night and they had those wire comparison displays where they hook the wires up to a plug and turn on the juice. They had an 8.5mm MSD wire and a 9.5mm Ractive wire. To my surprise, the Ractive gave MUCH more spark than the MSD. It worked very well, and even though I used to not trust the ricey Ractive brand, I'm seriously thinking about making that the brand for me to get.

[ March 14, 2003, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: JonGTR ]
Old 03-13-2003, 11:22 PM

I found it hard to believe you recieved poor results with the magnecors.

Also... The wire may physical fit...but there is an obvious difference.

If you exmaine the part numbers between the Eclipse ( any model)

And the tiburon. the product numbers ARE NOT the same.

Are the 10k miles wires. Acutally for a tib?

Sorry...I just feel you are being mislead by someone.

Magnecor should be the last plug wires you will ever need to buy. And should out perform everyone.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

OBX says they're the same: http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance...D=3&subcatID=13

I had a chance to get a slightly used set of Magnecor's VERY cheap, but refused them after I put them in my car. I'd like to see a Magnecor and a 9.5 Ractive comparison on that display.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:50 AM

Not sure what to say.

But I would trust MAgnecor over OBX.

So..was the USED set for the tiburon or not?
Old 03-17-2003, 01:28 PM

well, you are right about the part number being the same, so i would assume, too, that they are the same wire. i mean, if you ordered part 123xyz, but that part is for two different cars, how is the dealer supposed to know which car it's for, unless it's for both cars. i hope that made sense. smile.gif i bought some used magnecors; i didn't notice any difference with them. i neither gained nor lost power as measured with the butt dyno.

:edit:
as for that display you were talking about, perhaps they used a plug that just didn't perform well with magnecores, but performed well with ractives just a thought; you know how products are quirky like that sometimes.

[ March 17, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: turbulence ]