Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Sooo... I Have A Problem That Apparenly Isnt Uncommon...

Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

I had a customer come into my shop with a similar problem on his tib back in Nevada come to find out his Catalatic converter was coming apart on the inside. So it was holding back the exhaust, He couldnt drive his car over 45 with out it trying to shut off. Ended up going with a header and a catco cat.. No problems since.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:43 PM

That's exactly what I was going to suggest... exhaust issues. It might seem they are not related, but being that the cars are controlled by the ECU, electrical problems could vary from loose/dirty wires/connectors, to faulty O2 sensors, or even clogged exhaust lines.

Cleaning the connectors on the idle motor bypass, TPS, and some others with electrical connector cleaner would be a good idea to discard stupid failures first (and the best part it's this is for free), then change the Spark Plug wires, the OEM units are really crap, in all my cars (my previous Elantra, my wife's Elantra, and my current Tib) I had to change them almost at 60,000 Km. I have not seen another car brand that presents that short term for a set of wires, anyway, I replaced mine for magnecors 8mm wires, so the problem dissapeared. It's 90% probable those two things are the cause of your trouble.

If it's not solved by that, try inspecting the not so obvious but easy to inspect issues like the exhaust and O2 sensors (and it's connectors), then go with any other revision.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:38 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i got a dae sung.

My dealer is a bastard. I've had my car into him for this problem a bunch of times. My vehical warranty is up now, but i'm under their workmanship warranty because of my visits for this. What should i say to him?

Hmm... i did the casing deflection test and my pitch changed, but not really a "surge" what is ment by a "surge"?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:59 PM

^^^ Warrenty or not mang, a recall is still a recall. There is no time limit.

I should check this out... I know that I have gotten the P1127 error before but I reset the codes and they havnt returned in a while. This would be an easy and cheap fix fing02.gif
Old 12-13-2005, 09:36 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not a recall, a TSB. They will most likely only replace it if it exhibits bad signs. What is a "surge" is that a change in pitch? or is that where the engine goes to WOT or somewhere in between??
Old 12-13-2005, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Just go in there, tell them you are having problems with the throttle at random times and that you got that CEL code like a month ago.

Tell him you looked it up on the site and want it replaced, as per the TSB.

Also, I'd take your TPS off, tap it against the TB or IM a bit, and put it back on. Mine didn't go out until the 3rd time I replaced my BBTB.

If they won't do it, call Hyundai Support.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Mine does this exactly what she explained.. except mine only does it once or twice a year.. its wierd... My car is strictly maintained with accordance with the Owners manual.. People were telling me that the coils were going bad.... once again.. it only does it once or twice a year.