Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Smog Check Rejected

Old 02-20-2008, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

So, a couple weeks ago I go in to get my CEL cleared and it's just the wire harness on my TPS came slightly off. They told me to drive 100 miles before I do a smog check. I drive 120 miles and do the check and it's rejected. He tells me to try driving it a bit more. So, 400 additional miles and 9 days later I go to do another smog check today and it still gets rejected. They say there are 3 monitors not completed.

OBD Catalyst
OBD Evap
Oxygen Sensor

All show as not completed or not set. They are now telling me to take it to a 2G station(basically any shop) to have them set the monitors manually? What's wrong? I passed smog with no problems last year and there hasn't been any real work done to it other than maintenance, trim painting, and headunit/speakers/amp/sub install since then. All the engine pieces have stayed the same.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

You need to do a mix of city driving and highway driving to get the damn things to set. I have a dig the drive cycle out to show you. I have the catalyst monitor still ready to get set, but if you need to look it up, check out HMA service.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

moo, you forgot to mention your mods to your car. that's a big part of the game.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Actually, I did do both. Of the total 500 miles since I got that CEL fixed about 300 have been highway and 200 city streets.

Mods? Really? I was thinking that since it passed last time with no big deal that this time shouldn't be a problem because I haven't done anything to it in the past year. Let's see... AEM CAI, Airram, Maintec GT headers, apexi catback, stock cat, prd plug wires and that's about it as far as mods other than the sound system and painting pieces.