Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Short Throw

Old 11-30-2005, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

fonseca is 110% correct, so the rest of you should pull your heads in owned.gif
Old 11-30-2005, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

Sorry i didnt read the whole thing, lol.

I never used to pay attention to these forums and actually read, just found interesting topics tongue.gif

I didnt realize they were not made anymore, i have been in the boonies about short shifters.

Since i dont have one installed, i got an ebay one. lol Waiting on finding a way to install.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:43 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

it may be a "short shifter" but whoever bought it may as well have modded theirs themselves instead of spending the $50+ on e-bay for it. I mean, you pay for ascetaline $2, or a whole new shifter $50. If it IS a RSB shifter, I'm never buying R-Side.

edit:disregard, i need to hit refresh every once in a while.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:08 AM

I am the starter!!!! haha i didnt realy pay attenction to this , i actually forgot i started it lol untill today, well i was just wondering if they made one that just bolts on becasue the B&M one i had i couldnt figure out how the hell i was supposed to install it lmao.gif but im going to check in to someother ones after i buy the graphics for my car, then maybe ill be back for more help hahahaha
Old 12-03-2005, 12:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The R-Side advanced is the best option right now. It goes in without having to cut the baseplate from what I heard... plus, redz made a nice DIY on how to install it.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:04 PM

OK guys, seeing that you have so many doubts... yes TibMinn's SS is the RSide Basic SS. I also have it, I bought it from SharkRacing (when I still bought things from them) and I installed it myself. Just one comment to destroy one myth... THERE IS NO NEED TO CUT THE PLATE TO INSTALL THE RSide BASIC SHORT SHIFTER. It's really tight down there, but there is NO NEED to do it with that short shifter. Maybe the reason the previous owner did it is because of common beleive that he needed to.
wink1.gif

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Nov 30 2005, 11:43 PM)
it may be a "short shifter" but whoever bought it may as well have modded theirs themselves instead of spending the $50+ on e-bay for it. I mean, you pay for ascetaline $2, or a whole new shifter $50. If it IS a RSB shifter, I'm never buying R-Side.

edit:disregard, i need to hit refresh every once in a while.

DrivingTibNaked, if you have not actually tried the thing, you shouldn't be so categoric about it being a piece of sh!t, because it's not. I have two cars (of course Hyundais with same tranny and shifter) so I could compare and it actually does shorten the throw, PLUS it has adjustable height capabilities.
It might LOOK to you as a std. shifter on those pics, but if you make your purchasing decissions based on pictures (with different angles, sizes, etc, that are not a correct baseline to compare) you shoud re-think your whole purchasing strategy nana.gif