Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Seriously Considering...

Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

that would be nice...let me kno the shipping to 19606....could just throw it in a flat rate box...might be cheapest
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I never drove a stick until I swapped, then had to learn how to drive it home. Friend gave me 5 minute intro around the neighborhood and then I was off on my own.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If I didn't get the fidanza my swap would of came in at around 1k.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:32 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

im almost done with my swap now, and to be honest it seems really straight forward.

that auto i had had put up with a lot of nitrous, kinda glad it gave out when it did tho.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:22 AM

i completed the auto -> manual trans swap in about 20 hours, counting pulling parts from the donor car. it's not that bad. the firewall is stamped for both so just cut inside the dotted lines. you'll need to create a neutral safety switch, and back up lights can be a chore to get working right. also the mounting bolt locations aren't the same for the shifters. you'll need to fab something there. i have some pics of my work as it progressed if it would help.

good luck!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Neutral safety switch? Aren't those for automatic vehicles? Clutch safety switch?

You will be much happier once you do the swap. I only drove a automatic once. We installed a cold air intake on a friend's car and we both drove it afterwards. Thing is, at that time that was about the only mod I had done to my car. So we both had cold air intakes, he had a automatic and I have a manual. The difference was hard to describe. It felt like his had no power. Like have you ever run on a roller style treadmill as opposed to the motor driven treadmill? The automatic feels like it needs a much better torque converter. It just feels like the engine is crap.

You will be very happy with the manual. It's very solid and you really feel the difference.