Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

sensor on intake

Old 07-09-2002 | 04:15 AM

Default sensor on intake

I remove the factory airbox and installed a custom CAI using flexable exhaust tubing. I had to remove the sensor from the bottom of the box, what do I do with it now. and dose the big sensor ( MAF I think) have to be a certain distance from the intake manifold or as long as its in the loop its cool. I'm installing a zex kit as soon as I hear from Random and or Brendon(spl). and I need to know where I can put these sensors.
Old 07-09-2002 | 04:45 AM

THat's the IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor.
It needs to be inside your pipe for the CAI, just drill a 3/4* hole and use the factory gromet from the stock air box and it will just slide right in.
Old 07-09-2002 | 04:48 AM

The MAF sensor should go...well wherever the wire can reach. You don't really have a lot of range.

The other sensor is the Intake Air Temperature sensor, that should go in the tube upstream of the MAF sensor. It is necessary for the fuel calculations, leave it in the engine bay and it will read too hot, the ECU will calculate the required mixture wrong. If it gets too hot, it can even give you a CEL.

A lot of people take the rubber grommet out of the airbox, poke a hole in the tubing and use the rubber seat to keep the IAT sensor secure.
Old 07-09-2002 | 05:04 AM

where can I install the nitrous nozzle, after the MAF or before it. And I also have a ?? about moving the battery to the left a couple of inches to route the tubing down behind the battery.