Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Sending The Tib To Level10

Old 06-20-2005 | 04:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sorry man, it's a fact. With power loss and a lack of shifting control, auto's suck. Woohhoo! Level 10 TQ Converter! You still got beat by a Manual Transmission.

As for having the system, folks have had it, it's been talked to death before RD was even a website.

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/u...t=000083#000000

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/u...t=000102#000004

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/u...t=000233#000000

BTW, be prepared for CEL's.

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/u...t=000272#000000

There are about 50 more threads there about it.

Have fun.
Old 06-20-2005 | 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

AR15firing.gif auto's
Old 06-20-2005 | 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

QUOTE (zoned019 @ Jun 19 2005, 10:18 PM)
Is there actually an HP/time gain?
Or is it purely the reliability and "smoothness" factor?

Also though, the power will get to the ground better with a level 10 tranny, no?

I mean if the car can stay in a gear longer while on a track or autoX then you technically have an advantage.
Old 06-21-2005 | 01:07 AM

Woohhoo! Level 10 TQ Converter!

This is actually more about the Hydrosystem Level Ten supplies, to keep the tranny cooler, correct the deficiences and improve shifting. But there are great benefits for the ATX from Level Ten and I'm considering them..

Lol no I have never driven a performance automatic transmission car. Like Brian said, my shifting isn't smooth and is very 'jerky'/uncontrolled I guess you could say.

And no, it's not a fact that autos suck. It's definitely a biased thing. The power loss thing is the exact thing Level Ten has the answer for.

In response to your query, YES it will help you get more power to the ground. Although Level Ten does not have actual HP benefits, it puts the power down where you want it in an automatic.

With a torque converter, your low-end power will begin to HAUL. People claim .2 sec off their 0-60 time. I wouldn't suggest buying a torque converter without a tranny cooler though.
Old 06-21-2005 | 01:23 AM

Maybe that calibration will help you a bit. But, I honestly do not think it's worth the money.

Once you get TQ converter get ready to get a new tranny soon. It will kill your sucky auto smile.gif

I find it pointless to modify an auto tranny on a 140hp 4 cyl car... just a waste of money...

btw, I don't know where you live, but if you are near by, you should stop by my house and I will show you what 5sp tib with $420 worth of power mods can do. No auto will be anywhere close to it!!!

You would fall in love with the feeling you get once I floor it!!! HKC did!!!
Old 06-21-2005 | 10:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Dude, I respect you trying to stick to the Auto, but yeah, Auto's suck.

If they don't, and it just needs a new system like you've got planned, why aren't there more auto's for race cars?

Why do folks even get away from the shiftronic transmissions?

Because simply.

They suck.
Old 06-21-2005 | 01:00 PM

Hey guys, enough already. He's obviously commited to sticking with the mushbox.

I personally don't see anything wrong with letting Level10 have a wack at the tranny. It's entirely possible that they will actually HELP the tranny, and prevent it from crapping out. If not, hey, it saves OTHERS from spending the $500 and finding out it doesn't work. We'll never know unless someone tries it.

Go for it dude, I'm in your corner! punch.gif
Old 06-21-2005 | 01:11 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jun 21 2005, 12:21 PM)
Dude, I respect you trying to stick to the Auto, but yeah, Auto's suck.

If they don't, and it just needs a new system like you've got planned, why aren't there more auto's for race cars?

Why do folks even get away from the shiftronic transmissions?

Because simply.

They suck.

A LOT of very high performance cars (usually high powered V8) are actually auto's; theorically, they can be better than manuals for drag racing (quicker shifting), and they can indeed be very good when tuned and equipped with something like a shift kit.
Old 06-21-2005 | 03:09 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Jun 21 2005, 02:23 AM)
Maybe that calibration will help you a bit. But, I honestly do not think it's worth the money.

Once you get TQ converter get ready to get a new tranny soon. It will kill your sucky auto smile.gif

I find it pointless to modify an auto tranny on a 140hp 4 cyl car... just a waste of money...

btw, I don't know where you live, but if you are near by, you should stop by my house and I will show you what 5sp tib with $420 worth of power mods can do. No auto will be anywhere close to it!!!

You would fall in love with the feeling you get once I floor it!!! HKC did!!!

Lol I actually live near Philly, in a place called King of Prussia, PA. Near the King of Prussia mall (second largest mall in the country) Where in MD do you live?

I'm thinking about swapping the tranny at around 70K miles. Perhaps I'll do this before I start heading down the route of Level Ten.

I dont really think it's a 'waste' to modify an auto tranny, however perhaps the price for the modification is a little high.

Maybe off-topic, but what power-mods have you added that have given you such power? I'm sure I'd fall in love with the same kind of feeling in your car
Old 06-21-2005 | 11:23 PM

Yeah Redz, 95% of v8 drag race cars are upgraded auto. Shifting an 11 second car becomes very difficult and upgraded auto would do it a lot better than upgraded manual.

I live near Baltimore. If you are really interested PM me and I'll give you my address. Then you can stop by some day and see for yourself.

All I have done performance wise is I/H/E. That's it! and as you can see I run low 15s.