Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Scientific gains of Random special

Old 06-17-2002 | 04:06 PM

Default Scientific gains of Random special

ok, Random made me a kick ass CAI last saturday. I knew that it helped, but wasn't sure how much. Any ways.... there is a road by my house I always race around like it laguna Seca (probobly way my back tires are sliks now, for the people that saw them) after the last turn there is a decent size straight a way. There are some mail boxes a while down, before the about the fasted i could get going by then was 94-95... after the intake it was 101-102.... it was definately worth the 3 hour drive there and the 5 hour drive back
Old 06-17-2002 | 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Hi
With Randoms special cai your gain is 5.8hp.This has been proven at the dyno.Furthermore your tib sucks cold air which is better for its health
Old 06-17-2002 | 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Angelos:
Hi
With Randoms special cai your gain is 5.8hp.This has been proven at the dyno.Furthermore your tib sucks cold air which is better for its health
It is more than 5.8, why? Because on a dyno, your not moving, really for a CAI to "work" you need to be moving so it can "suck" up more air. Or at least this has been said before by many people. rolleyes.gif
Old 06-19-2002 | 05:39 AM

Jibber686,

It tooks 5 hours going home? eek! eek! eek!

With how late you were leaving I was almost expecting a 2 hour drive home. Sorry it took so long. I'll see you at Palmdale. smile.gif

Random's original RSCai I seem to remember around 6 whp and torque. Now the difference between Jibber's accent and Random's old tibby was the fog lamps. When I was looking at Jibber's cai, it has a hole that goes straight to the filter. Random's had to go around the fog lamps and then get to the filter. It would have been interesting to test the dyno with the fog lamp removed. But oh well, Random's car is so far away from where it was....
Old 06-19-2002 | 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Zaibatsu JVX:
It is more than 5.8, why? Because on a dyno, your not moving, really for a CAI to "work" you need to be moving so it can "suck" up more air. Or at least this has been said before by many people. rolleyes.gif
I don't think the benefits of a CAI go up as you are moving. There is no 'ram air' effect going on with a CAI. A CAI can "suck" air up just as easily sitting still as it can while rolling.
Old 06-19-2002 | 05:59 AM

yup 5 hours. I have trouble reading signs at night without my glasses and i didn't have them. so i hoped on the 105 and was on it for about 25 min. turns out it was the 605, I ended up in arkadia. then there was an accedent by the escondito canyon, so it took a good hour and a half to go about 6 miles....... O well **** happens