Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

?'s on breathers for intake, Random anyone!!!!

Old 10-08-2001, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?'s on breathers for intake, Random anyone!!!!

Ok there is one on Ebay for the Tib and it got me to wondering. Are they worth it, what purpose do they serve, can they add any power or improve on anything or are they just a gimic, how do you install it and where do you put it, what brand and model number will work on my Tib and I guess that's about it. Thanks for the help and the info.
Also because of the way it looked in the picture unless it is a complete useless add on I will probably get one so anyone who has one please give me manufacture and model number but I am still very interested in finding answers to all the other questions I have posted above. Thanks again in advance
Old 10-09-2001, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

They are useless, and they are fairly universal. They fit on the breather hose that attaches to the 90 degree rubber elbow. Since that pipe is already supllied with fresh air...putting a breather on it does no good. Also...at full throttle, air/oil mist comes OUT of that pipe...so you will drip oil out of the breather filter all over your engine.
Old 10-09-2001, 05:40 AM

Thank you Random, Well no breather for me, Thanks again
Old 10-09-2001, 08:35 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

Are you sure about that Random? Cause theres another tube (on the accent 1.6L anyway) that goes into the intake manifold. I check my breather regularly, and I haven't noticed any oil on my engine or the filter for that matter.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

There are 2 tubes on both cars. The one that goes to the Intake Manifold is the PCV valve tube...that one should NOT carry oil. The other one is the simple breather tube...that one does carry oil. If You have ever taken your intake section apart and noticed oil in there...that is where it comes from.