Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Running LEAN!!!!

Old 09-10-2002, 12:08 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you know a place that has an oscilliscope and can do a PWM test on your injector feeds, then you can try that. But the problem is, you'll have to do this while driving the car.

I seriously doubt the ECU is damaged for a LOT of reasons. If it was working fine before you put the turbo on, then the ECU is just fine. You can't "fry" an ECU and have the car continue working.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:59 AM

Thanks RED! smile.gif
I dropped my car off and my macanic will perform some tests regarding the OPEN LOOP(something like that) smile.gif
Im first gonna try bumping it up to 44psi and see what happens!!!
Im really curious to know why when i do a burn out and launch at 3000rpms it LEANS out throughout the RPM range
Old 09-10-2002, 01:32 PM
Red

MAF sensor, first and foremost. Go clean that thing, or else replace it with a "known good" part.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:40 PM

2uniq if u wanna meet me in NIagara falls we can swap MAF sensors to test it
Old 09-13-2002, 07:40 AM

RED!!
I just got back from the machanic shop and this are VERY STRANGE AS WE SPEAK!
What i mean is taht my machanic has noticed taht my car at times would run on 2 Cylindrs at idle and when he drove it he felt it and had lack of power and other times it runs fine on four cylinders and runs and pulls NORMAL.
I dont really know what he was trying to explain to me but he said he JUST KNOWS when the car runs on 2 cylinders BUT the funny thing is it idles fine and drives like its normal BUT LACK OF POWER.
He suggested that it can be the coil pack or ECU.Its an INTERMEDIATE PROBLEM.
Now i have Brand new plugs,wires and coil pack just installed.I do have a spare ECU from my auto 1.8L and im going to be installing it to see what happens.I was also thinking it can be my MSD Ignition thats screwed up?????
He also had 2 Misfire codes in cylinder 2 and 3 at the time.
What do you think it can be?
Any help would be apppreciated!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:41 AM

...... I am not sure what to say.

2uniq, why dont you take it to a another mechanic?

This guy seems to be milking you to be honest.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:26 AM

Shadohh:
...... I am not sure what to say.

2uniq, why dont you take it to a another mechanic?

This guy seems to be milking you to be honest.
Weve been telling him that the whole time

I think we should raise money and send someone to kick 2unique in the nutz and then take him to another shop
wink tongue.gif
Old 09-16-2002, 09:00 AM
Red

I don't see you mentioning that you cleaned the MAF, or replaced it??

Don't come back until you've spent the $5 on Radio Shack electronic parts cleaner and cleaned your MAF sensor out. And make sure, when you re-attach it, that the arrow is pointing in the same direction that the air flows. (Ie towards the throttle body)
Old 09-16-2002, 09:06 AM

Red:
I don't see you mentioning that you cleaned the MAF, or replaced it??

Don't come back until you've spent the $5 on Radio Shack electronic parts cleaner and cleaned your MAF sensor out. And make sure, when you re-attach it, that the arrow is pointing in the same direction that the air flows. (Ie towards the throttle body)
Clean it or buy another one
check sig
Old 09-16-2002, 09:20 AM

RED!!
I spoke with my machanic today and he installed teh 1.8L ECU i had from my Auto tranny.Once he installed it the car was Flooding at idle and he had to make adjustments on the S-AFC to make it run fine.Anyways while he was playing with the adjustments he noticed that teh problem came back.BAsically whats happening is that the car at times will idleon 2 cylinders and at times it was fine.He had the FLASHING CEL again and had 3 codes which was
MISFIRE Cylinder 2 and 3
Random Misfire CODE

He has advised me that it might be the MSD ignition where one of the coils might be bad onthe MSD UNIT.
He say a flashing red light on the unit and this is a SIGN of the unit to be damaged.Im going to have him disconnect the MSD igtion and run the stock ignition to see if the problem goes away!!
If the problem still doesnt go away then there might be a short in my igntion.
BTW i will have him clean the MAF