Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Rside Short Shifter

Old 06-30-2005 | 10:35 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

REDZ!
Thanks for the input !!
Im thinking it can be the shifter Bushings thats causing the car not to go into third gear smoothly and all the play it has.I checked with teh dealer and there are 4 shifterr bushings in total.Once my guy checks it out next week he will let m eknow if its teh bushing sor not..

Agarwal!!
DO you also have the RSIDE short shifter?
You having problems going into 3rd gear becuas eof teh slopinesss?
Old 07-01-2005 | 12:04 AM

Nah, I got the SR one; since they made us cut the baseplate added to the fact that the piece is plastic, it's not very strong now. Would be WAY better if the plate itself was solid.

You'll always have SOME sloppiness on Hyundais, but you can take some away. I remember that we had a DIY on that on ha.com or teamsr.org.

(Please merge that message with the previous)

Nice, I found the DIY wink1.gif

Good ol' ha.com...

Gearbox linkage / slack removal

MOD EDIT: Merged
Old 07-03-2005 | 07:36 AM

Agarwal
Great Find smile.gif

I was reading thorugh it and it says to use a washer for thegap near the grommet..
ANy Idea what size we need becuase it doesnt really say the thickness used or hole size...
Also i dont understand the 2nd bad point which was pointed out..It says tpo use a 8mm bar to bend the Peg?
ANy idea?
Thanks
Old 07-03-2005 | 09:47 AM

You basically need a piece that has the same ID as the peg has for an OD. Then when you put it on there it would make the piece fit better. Just make sure that the OD of the new piece still fits in the linkage.
Old 07-03-2005 | 09:56 AM

QUOTE (UltraTibby @ Jul 3 2005, 03:47 PM)
You basically need a piece that has the same ID as the peg has for an OD. Then when you put it on there it would make the piece fit better. Just make sure that the OD of the new piece still fits in the linkage.

So basically your extending the peg in length is what your saying......
Getting a small pipe taht will go overtop the Left Top peg and then welding it some sort to extend the length?
Old 07-03-2005 | 10:01 AM

Not in length but in width. You want to take up the slack that is currently there between the peg and the hole the peg goes into. I just walked out and looked at my car. I have an RD2 but I didnt have any slack and my linkages didnt even look like those.....
Old 07-03-2005 | 10:03 AM

On my transmission, I got the little plastic piece that fits almost perfectly that peg, so I don't need to make that modification. I guess Hyundai added that little piece somewhere in 2000... ?
Old 07-03-2005 | 10:14 AM

QUOTE (UltraTibby @ Jul 3 2005, 04:01 PM)
Not in length but in width. You want to take up the slack that is currently there between the peg and the hole the peg goes into. I just walked out and looked at my car. I have an RD2 but I didnt have any slack and my linkages didnt even look like those.....

So basically your saying that i need a piece of pipe which will go over the existing Peg taht is there which will make it thicker?
As long is it fits in the Hole when i attach it back?
So basiaclly im adding a sleeve over top the existing Peg But teh same in Length.
Im just making the Peg thicker.. smile.gif
If this is the case then i need to purchase an 8mm ID piping and cutting it the same length as the peg?

Hey Agarwal!
Can you take a pic of this plastic peg your talking about?
Is it like a Plastic sleeve which goes overtop the Peg which is there already From Hyundai?
Old 07-03-2005 | 10:24 AM

^^ You have it all correct. Same length piece. It will just be for making it wider.
Old 07-03-2005 | 10:26 AM

smile.gif
QUOTE (UltraTibby @ Jul 3 2005, 04:24 PM)
^^ You have it all correct. Same length piece. It will just be for making it wider.

Cool!
Thanks Ultratibby!
I will go to Home depot to see what they have..
I need to purchase 8mm ID piping?