Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

RRFPR vs AFPR???

Old 05-20-2002 | 06:15 AM

Default RRFPR vs AFPR???

alright guys,... i think i know the answer to this but can someone please explain the difference???

Im getting a real good deal on a used BEGI AFPR,... i just wanna make sure im not over looking something

BTW, yes i used the search. An afpr has not been mentioned before,... well atleast in detail

So is it the same thing?
Old 05-20-2002 | 09:34 AM

BEGI makes several types of Fuel pressure Regulators (FPR). RRFPR is a rising rate FPR and an AFPR is I believe an Adjustable FPR. The RRFPR is for boosted applications specifically, it will raise the fuel pressure in conjunction with the boost pressures. A strictly adjustable FPR can only change the baseline setting of the stock fuel system.

The confusing part is that all of BEGI's FPR are adjustable... both the baseline setting (for NA) and the baseline setting / rate of rise / initiation of rising rate (for turbo). So even the RRFPR is adjustable. You just need to make sure which model of BEGI's FPR it is.
Old 05-20-2002 | 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

RRFRP stands for Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator. It raised the fuel pressure dependent on boost. The fixed units come in 1.5:1 2:1 3:1 and 5:1. Using the 5:1 as an example, it would try to raise fuel pressure 50 PSI over it's baseline setting, if/when it see's 10 PSI off boost. The other problem with fixed units is that on some, you cannot set the baseline fuel pressure. If their baseline pressure is at 30psi, that's 13/14 psi short of our "normal" basline fuel pressure.

AFPR should just be an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This usually only allows you to raise base fuel pressure, and then vaccum/boost fuel pressure goes up by a 1:1 ratio.

There are also ARRFPR, which are adjustable rising rate fuel pressure regulators. With this type you can set the base fuel pressure, and also the ratio that the unit uses to raise fuel pressure when it see's boost. (BEGI)

In other words...what Cheuk said. tongue.gif
Old 05-21-2002 | 01:47 AM

dam,... its too early for me to read this,...lol

The rrfpr would be beneficial with boost, but which one would work with a nitrous setup?

I doubt the RRFPR would adjust itself when it, if it even notices, nitrous.

I understand boost and nitrous are completely different,...

Ill just get an RRFPR since i might go super charger or turbo later on.
Old 05-21-2002 | 02:16 AM

I like my Vortech SFMU

It lets you change the piston plates to change the calibration 1:1 2:1 and so on
Old 05-21-2002 | 02:30 AM

kool where did you get it an how much???

Im looking at some B&M units right now,... $59 bucks at groupbuycenter.com

I tried looking for a BEGI, since cheuk showed favoritism towards that brand in a post a while back ago, but i cant find that sucker anywhere.

let me know shadohh
Old 05-21-2002 | 05:12 AM

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE (those who actually use the search function)

afpr would work with nitrous but not with boost

and arrfpr would work with both

Thanx random for the help

As far as brands,... cheuk said BEGI, so that would be the way to go, ill post when i find one on the net
Old 05-21-2002 | 11:46 AM

You can find it at www.cartech.net/fmu2020.html
The reason I like it is that it is not only adjustable but quickly adjustable. Good for cars where the exact fuel enrichment necessary is not known.... like do it yourself turbos.

Note.. Cartech absorbed Bell engineering Group.